1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
INSTEAD OF INSTALLING A NEW SWITCH....

There is a thread on here that tells you how to modify your fog light switch so that it pulls out in any position. Once you get this done, all you have to do is cut the second wire in from the left (i believe purple), and splice a wire from the thick red wire coming into the switch, over to the purple wire that goes into the switch, and TADA! your fogs will work in any position. I've done this to three intrepids now.

(The purple wire is power in, but only when the headlights lowbeams are on. The red wire is constant, which now allows your fog lights to be on any time.)

I wish I could find that thread that tells you how to modify your switch.... i'll post it here if i can find it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question:
Why do we have to get additional wire to go from the purple to the constant-power red wire? We cut our purple wire far enough back that we were able to do the splice just by cross-splicing the purple into the red without having to do any more additional wiring. It eliminates one more connection, one more potential short, one more spot to shake loose.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
stockho1msyndrom said:
this may sound stupid, but i am a rookie. you take the three wires, connect them to the toggle switch and then reconnect the battery?
Yeah you got it, make sure you tape were you cut good. Dont have it loose or anything wrap it around as tight as you can. good luck, the toggle switch will tell you like I said early Power, Ground, ACC

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey james how do you get the switch to come out of that traction control area? idk how to get a wire behind that, wouldnt you have to take apaprt the dash?

·
Registered
99 Posts
How hard is this? what would be easier redo the switch or cut the wires?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I did the mod where you redo the wires and what not. I actually took the switch assembly apart and grinded off a tab in side of the switch housing that restricts the fogs from being pulled on at any position. It works great. Took all of twenty minutes. But you MUST be careful not to lose the bearing that helps turn the switch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts