DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Allpar.com:

Foose to build "new" 1970 Challengers

Unique Performance and Foose Design will convert a small number of 1970 Plymouth Challengers into "world-class performance machines with ultra-cool design and 21st century speed technology." Production will begin in July.

Unique Performance President and CEO Douglas Hasty said, “Our 1970 Challenger program is designed to fulfill those wishes with a very, very small run of an even more exclusive Mopar. Working with Chip, our team will turn a handful of these vintage muscle cars into pink slip winning, Z06 eating supercars.”

The team will transform 1970 and 1971 Challengers with contemporary wheels, engines, suspensions, transmissions and interiors. Each Foose Challenger will be clad in DuPont’s Hot Hues™ custom finish and have a sleek custom interior. Either a 347 c.i.d. HEMI small block or a 426 c.i.d HEMI big block can be mated to the TKO 5-speed transmission. The car will feature a Unique Performance Parts rear suspension, 4-wheel disc Wilwood Brakes, Foose 18” wheels and BF Goodrich tires. Styling cues include Foose emblems, a custom front grill, shaved bumpers and custom hood. Each car will have a unique serial number for documentation purposes.

“I’ve always loved the lines of the ’70 Challenger,” stated Chip Foose. “It may be the quintessential American muscle car from that period. We’re adding contemporary speed gear and updating the Challenger’s style to redefine the vintage car as the ultimate limited edition MOPAR.”

Chip Foose is the creative head and driving force behind Foose Design (www.chipfoose.com). Headquartered in Huntington Beach, Calif., it specializes in illustration, graphics, ideation model making, surfacing and complete construction of automobiles and automobile-related products.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Someone else has beat him to it. I can't find the link right now but they covered it on a season of Sports car revolution on speed tv.

But, I think chip will do it better. I hated the interior in the 'other' guys cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts