DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE: 2001 Dodge Intrepid SE - MUST SELL!!

I recently purchased a newe Dodge Charger R/T (YAY!!!) but I now need to sell the Intrepid. ;( It has been a very good car and I have always used Mobile 1 Synthetic oil to avoid any sludge problems. I am in northern Indiana and am asking $5950.00. The car only has 62,500 miles. For more info you can visit a website I have setup. The address is http://intrepid4sale.dyndns.org . The only upgrade I have done to it is I replaced the stock wheel covers with a set of covers off of a 02-03 Intrepid. If you are interested, please reply to this thread or I can be reached at 574-268-1417 or 574-269-2601.

·
Registered
219 Posts
oh wow... the cars looks awsome... i would og bought it... but ur so far away.... and i already found my baby SE lol i would of liked to buy an SE that was from someone like you though(the knows how to take good care of it) but hey its too late now... Hope u get to sell it to a good peron that wont blo it up in about a month... or on the next oil change lol.. see ya around! and hope u enjoy that R/T

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BAttousaix27 said:
oh wow... the cars looks awsome... i would og bought it... but ur so far away.... and i already found my baby SE lol i would of liked to buy an SE that was from someone like you though(the knows how to take good care of it) but hey its too late now... Hope u get to sell it to a good peron that wont blo it up in about a month... or on the next oil change lol.. see ya around! and hope u enjoy that R/T
Thanks. I have always taken good care of the car. I told myself the only car I would give up the Intrepid for was a Charger R/T. An awesome deal came up on one two weeks ago and I bought it! Unfortunately, now, the Intrepid has to go.

I did have an interested couple come look at the car. They were about ready to buy it but decided they wanted to take it to thier "mechanic friend" before they did. The mechanic said the car was in very good shape both mechanicall and structurally (sp?), but he told them that the 2.7 engine was "cursed" and scared them away. It just pissed me off that a mechanic woud say that about a car not knowing the full story of the 2.7 and how synthetic oil eliminates any sludge problems in the 2.7. I tried explainig the sludge problem to the couple, but they chose not to listen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part the car out....

Just out of curiousity, how much does anyone think I could get for the car if I parted it out???

Reactions: linuxglobal

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 2.7L definately has a bad rep in some circles which sucks cause the cars really are nice. I've gotten conflicting reports on the durability of the 2.7. Some say "crap" while most say that if taken care of the car will provide many trouble free miles. Seem to be quite a few on here that are standing the test of time and miles. Proper maintainence seems to be the key for a 2.7 just like for a 318, 440, or (gasp) Ford 302. Anybody else remember the bottom end issues those had back in the '80s & '90s? And 3500 mile oil changes only gave sludge free motors at 80k when the rods and mains started making racket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I love the new Charger. I just wish I could get rid of the Intrepid. I am starting to get nervous that I wont be able to sell it soon enough. I have had it for sale for 3 weeks now and have only had 1 interested person. :icon_neut

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If anyone is interested, please make an offer. I need to sell this car and I will probably sell if the offer is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
thats the only problem selling a car online distance,, Dont part it out its way to nice of a car,, hang tight someone will come along

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Yea, clean looking SE and a even cleaner looking Charger........ Good luck on the sell.....

Hey Ad1997 you have been cought hijacking!!!! Read this buy/sell/trade etiquette post from 1mz-fe

1mz-fe said:
recently there have been a lot of pretty legitimate threads in this section that have been hijacked and led astray by members posting their 2 cents (usually more in the line of $2). in light of this recent thread, i'm asking everybody to please follow a few simple guidlines when posting in the buy/sell/trade:

1 - if you're not a seller or a potential buyer, please DO NOT reply to a thread unless you're trying to correct some blatant misinformation, or unless you have something constructive to add. in most cases, this might be better accomplished by sending a private message to another member.
2 - if you feel an asking price is too high or too low for a particular item, please DO NOT post your opinion in the thread!! if you are so disgusted/offended/aghast at someone's pricing policies, please feel free to send that member a private message informing him/her of your thoughts.

i think that these requests are pretty simple and also fair and straightforward. if anybody has a problem with these, please feel free to send me a PM or send one to an administrator.

thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.