1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
684 Posts
This guy is only a few minutes away from me. Maybe they have a brick n mortar shop I can go by and see what they offer.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
We have heard of these before. Someone search on their company name

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Hell i'm in if they can do it for a reasonable $$.

We can duplicate any stock lens in clear or any basic color including black for a smoked effect. Our lenses are made with UV resistant material and will not yellow overtime but may darken like all stock lenses.

Smoked effect would look awesome on my car.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Worth checking it out.....And it's from Quebec too. Nice! I would go with the smoked too IF I would get some......but I already have something else in the work.....

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I wished I lived near there, I'd give some donor lenses.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I just got a response from an e-mail, literally within minutes. Heres what she says when I asked to make me Intrepid tails.

Hi there,
Yes we probably could. Someone approached us a while back about it but it never went anywhere. If they are about the same size as the 300m, they would be 200$ and we need a group buy of 5. Let me know if you are interested in getting this going again, i can get you more info.

Klearz
Tina

I think its steep, and we probably couldn't agree on clear or smoked but its worth a shot, i guess.

Josiah

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmm, I think they could make a few clear and a few smoked with the same mould.

I'm in for $200 for sure, 100%.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$200 - if it is Canadian - though the US is only slightly more now - isn't too bad. Pretty much any wrecking yard wants 100$ a piece for tails, so it really isn't out of line.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Shall I begin a group buy thread? I'll double-check with the lady and tell her our situation. I'll give her the sob story about intrepids not having as bountiful an aftermarket as other cars. I wonder if she would make the 3rd bar, too? That would be nice to have a professionally made all smoked tail light set. I would even consider clear if I wasn't so anti-clear taillights. Once you see a chevy cavalier with clear tail-lights, its all over :).

If we can get a few more people interested we can start a group buy thread. I'm about 75% sure I'm in for $200, but I won't put my name down yet. I'll post again once I've got another response from this lady.

Josiah

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Good point, it'd look kinda silly without having the center bar done.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I have a centre bar I'd be willing to donate to the project!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This might be a dumb question but if I do start a group buy I don't have to put my name down right? I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be financially stable enough to drop 200 on tail lights. I've got amps and subs to worry about lol. Anyways, anyone who is interested reply here and we'll see how to get this rolling.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hi there,

1) For the 3rd breaklight, there seems to be an actual 3rd breaklight in that center bar, are you looking for the whole center bar or just the 3rd breaklight? The 3rd break light we can do for sure, the center bar would depend on how long it is.

2) yes you can mix colors as much as you want. we usually do clear, smoked, red, amber, smoked red. we dont actually carry any of the other colors in stock, but for a special order we could order any color, blue, green, yellow, whatever. We ofcourse cant color match anything.

3) we are making the lens only. Altho we have recently started making housings also. but we cant make them in chrome, that would have to be outsourced, and i have been looking for someone to do it for us, but havent found anyone so far.

4) we usually take paypal, or money order.

5) I havent seen the lenses but there isnt anything we havent been able to 'not make' so far. usually if there is a problem it will be in detaching the lens off the housing. Most just use adhesive, but others are cemented on, and need to be dremeled off.

Before looking for ppl it would probably be best to setup some prices for all that you guys are looking into getting done. I need pictures and dimensions to get you the quote.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Klearz
Tina

I got the ball rolling a bit, but the fact that its not a bolt-on counts me out. I'm not cutting open anything. Feel free to take this another direction or start a group buy but I'm not doing it, especially if its JUST the outer lenses for $200.

Josiah

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm about 75% in too. I would definitely need the center bar though or it would look stupid. Is the insdie of our housing chromed? If it is then i might want clear. I think tinted red like the 02+ 300m would look badass too though, especially with leds :drool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tails

Im possibly in if they can do the bar also do they have pics of what some of their products have looked like???

·
Registered
715 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I'm about 75% in too. I would definitely need the center bar though or it would look stupid. Is the insdie of our housing chromed? If it is then i might want clear. I think tinted red like the 02+ 300m would look badass too though, especially with leds :drool:
yeah i would me more interested if they looked like the 300M's that are tinted red with chrome backing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts