DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way back from Party store tonight and I had a truck with his main beams on close on my ass, not to close but close enough... we got to the light and I wasnt going to race at all, I had the da lady with me so I Would of gotten bitched at... Well the light went green and he hammered.... Paaah I thought what the hell its worth a *****.. .so I hammered also... This guy sounded real powerfull, one of the new trucks, but I really did mop the floor with him, I got around 2 1/2 car lengths ahead at 70 mph.. Normally I would of said he let me win, but I heard his motor really go!?!?!? I dunno... I never got bitched at either, just the rolling of the eyes.. :p

Si

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
At any time during this shenanigan, did you get "The Look"?....good kill tho :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fx50... bah... :rolleyes: when you become a man and smoke a Lightning, then tell us of your glory. ;)

BTW: no, I'm not a man yet. :cool:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
It would take one hell of a lot of mods for a 'Trep to smoke a Lightning. Those bastards run mid 13s right out of the box. Scary fast trucks.

What is even worse is you can take a Ford F250 or 350 diesel, add a boost controller, huge downpipe, free flow exhaust, intake and filter and be tearing off 13s for a $1500 investment. (On top of the truck.)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Holy ****!! Mid 13's from a stock truck!?! I had no idea... and I thought they were ****... I honestly dont care much for the styling of those lightnings... kinda ricey... but now that i know it has the power to back all that up... I'll be lookin at them in a different light. ......Damn... 13's from a stock truck......

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
2001 Ford SVT Lightning

5.4L supercharged V8
[email protected]
450ft/[email protected]
0-60 in 5.8s
142mph top speed. (Fuel cut off.)

Not too shabby for a 4500lb truck. It also pulls as many g's as a Cobra, and I've seen dyno sheets of bone stock L's pulling 345hp and 410ft/lb through the rear wheels. Thats only about an 10% parasitic loss through the driveline.

Why can't we have an automatic as efficient? :(

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
What will one of those Lightnings set a guy back? Ford also has a concept (not sure how old it is) called the Lightning Rod, i dont know how much different it is from the currnet Lightning, but it looks alot better.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Needless to say then the piece I burnt was not a lightning, or I would of seen his rear from the get go just get smaller and smaller :)

As for been a Lush... I am half Irish, we need to have 50% of our body fluids made from the good old booze :)

Anyone for a Guiness?

:)

Si

1 - 12 of 12 Posts