DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to school up Rt. 3 last night, when around exit 12 this crappy first generation Ford Probe comes flying up on my ass like the driver takes the name of his car way too seriously.

I am going 85 already, so I wait for traffic to move over, pass, and then move to the travel lane. The Probe cruises by, hamsters at full speed.

I fall in behind, and by now we are around a buck. I know he doesn't have much more top end, so I wait for clear traffic, get on the right, go by him like he was standing still, and merge back to the passing lane.

It really wasn't even a challenge.

After I prove my point, I come up on traffic and slow down. Of course, this guy wasn't happy I was in front of him again, so he proceeds to ride my ass (again) before passing on the right.

Traffic was getting kinda heavy, so I chilled out and I watched this meat head thread the needle and proceed to cut off just about every car he went around.

Racing him any futher would have been dangerously stupid, for me and everyone else, so I just let the little punk go on his merry way.

But that ought to teach him about Intrepids!

:D

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No reason for me to put anyone in danger too, I guess. He was driving like a jerk enough for the both of us.

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good job in both the kill and not driving stupid! I don't recall exactly, but weren't the Probes ricers with a Ford emblem slapped on them?? I'm really not sure on that point, but it would be great if it was true!!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'm glad you got the chance to show that punk up. I hate Probes. Most of the teenagers who have them around here drive them like they are on an Indy 500 track. Especially the ones who think they are cool and have the Probe GT (Gaudy Trash).

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by GiftHorses:
I don't recall exactly, but weren't the Probes ricers with a Ford emblem slapped on them?? I'm really not sure on that point, but it would be great if it was true!!
Probes were built by Mazda for Ford, I believe they shared the platform with the MX-6.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You guys are going to love this one.
This guy at my job had a like a 93 Probe, he kept telling us he had a V8 4.6, just like a GT Mustang. I wasn't that sure, i thought that was some special version for the Probe, so i did some research on the car.I checked some websites about ForD Probe and showed him that there were no V8 Probe, he didn't know what to say, so, we all laughed at him :D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hmmmmm... swallowing your pride or risk certain death (you or another driver)... I definitely think you made the right choice.

Everyday I meet up with some joker who thinks he is invincible and tries to do something similar to that. I don't have the energy anymore. It isn't worth it. Fine. You win. At least I'll live to see another day!

The more of these threads I read, the less likely I am to do anything stupid. I am going to keep my racing at the track. An occassional straight line challenge at a light maybe (no traffic) but only up to the speed limit.

I figure, let these losers thin out their own numbers themselves.
;)

Oh, nice kill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ah come on probes arnt that bad

anyways you didnt happen to notice what model it was and if anyone was curious about the specs of them ill give u the low down:

Probe GT , Mazada 2.2litre w/ IHI Turbo , [email protected] , [email protected]
Probe Lx , Mazda 2.2 litre n/a , basicly just a gl with more options
Probe GL , Mazda 2.2 litre n/a

GT and GL have little changes

Lx gets a Ford Vulcan V-6 3.0 litre
rated at [email protected] hp and [email protected] tq

Lx gets an extra 5hp
[email protected] hp , [email protected] tq
(this is what i have)

nothign real new , last year of the 1st generation probe

guy who was driving that probe sounds like a moron btw

o 2nd gen probes did not have a 4.6 v8

only engines they had was a Mazda 2.5 v6 (gt)and a Mazda 2.0 I4(base,gl,se)

if your a little curious aobut probes go to www.probetalk.com
and for some more technical info www.performanceprobe.com (thats not an oxymoron ppl :D)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to just say this someone with a lebaron lol @ a probe give me a break there prolly isnt on person on this whole board that has faster then a 13.5 1/4 mile time MY PROBE would roach any of you deal with the fact that you are not able to handle the import racers

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Dodge Killer" - What the hell? Is there any way these jackasses' IPs can be banned from the site?

Are we a magnet for ingnorant trolls now or what?

Sarturo, I didn't notice, sorry. All I know it was a 1st generation. And it was slow.

As for you, "Dodge Killer" - Whatever, dude. Take your "13.5 1/4 mile" POS and Probe yourself with it.

Did somebody fart? 'Cause I swear I just heard an asshole.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I love that one Carlos, never heard of that shhhht! Why do people lie like that....! I told one of my friend's friend "nice truck", he had like a newer Dakota Sport. This fool tried to tell me his no modded truck could hit 185MPH and was really an R/T with no R/T badging so no one would no. He also said he had to smack the dash cause his speedo was so burried. I was like WTF!, I told my friend "you better not believe that ****!". Yeah right...... It was so hard not to bust up, almost spit out my spit....! I told my other friend and he decided to go up there and F$#% with him and ask him some questions about his truck. He comes back "Yep, that's a stupid a$$ mothafu$#a"

Well I know I wouldn't drive a car called a "probe" WTF is that shhhht?? Freakin ass probe or something, what!!??

I don't care if one of them bastards could beat me, I like the way my car looks and performs, sounds much nicer than one of them bastards.

I'm not really gonna say say much about taking it to one but I am pretty sure I could in top end like I once took it to a SHO.

I'm doin quarter mile, 0-60 and 60-100 runs tonight with my crew. I'll get the numbers first. Even so I'd still rather my car, I'd much rather mob a SHO however before a freakin' "ass probe".

I'm not bashin' Fords though, next to Chrysler I'm a Ford guy, grew up with Ford trucks, Mustang GT 5.0's and a 99 Anniversery Edition GT 4.6L. I'll probably get beat but I will take my dad to the track soon with his 99 Stang. I'll have some video of that soon too.

Later guys.....

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by dodge killer:
i would like to just say this someone with a lebaron lol @ a probe give me a break there prolly isnt on person on this whole board that has faster then a 13.5 1/4 mile time MY PROBE would roach any of you deal with the fact that you are not able to handle the import racers
First of all, learn english. Second, I don't think there is a member on this board who said we could deal with a true import racer. Now, if you're talking about them ricers, I've killed a few and plenty of other people on this board have killed many a ricer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts