DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Ok...now what bank can I knock off to buy that thing with. :happy:

Seriously though, the Viper never ever exicted me the way that the GT40 (both old and new) did and does.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GT-40

LHSer said:
Seriously though, the Viper never ever exicted me the way that the GT40 (both old and new) did and does.
Agreed, the lines on the GT-40 are timeless. It is gorgeous.:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hmm.. seems pretty ugly to me :p. I guess I am just a vette/viper fan

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i hate ford but that thing is

baaaaaaad :baaa: :baaa:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Damn its ugly and for a price tag around 100k defenintely not worth it.

the viper looks much better and is cheaper. shoot poay 28k more for the viper and you can get you a viper tt 800hp :alien: :alien:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Do you ever have any idea as to what you are talking about?

Apparently you don't know the history of the GT40, or its signifigance to the motor-sports world. Ford had partnered with Ferrari in an attempt to co-produce a car to challenge the 24 Heures Du Mans. Because of some internal squabbling (Ferrari basically wanted all the glory) Ford told them to shove it and went on thier own way to develop a car.

Ford went on to win in 1966 (1st 2nd 3rd), 1967 (1st 2nd 3rd), 1968 and 1969. Ferrari, beaten at a game they dominated in, left with thier tails between thier legs and haven't been back since.

Definatley worth $100,000 for a car steeped in such history, and containing the performance it has to boot!

Also, a Viper Venom 800 Twin Turbo is $75,000 for the new Viper plus $55,000 for the powertrain upgrades. This is a total of $130,00 and doesn't begin to add in the neccesary chassis and body upgrades/modifications. Your looking at closer to $160,000 - $175,000 dependant on chosen upgrades. A lot more than the "shoot poay 28k more" you suggest.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
but if you want that extra 300 hp and stylin good looks.. go for the viper. Heck.. the new stock vipers are throwin that 500 hp 500 ft/lbs around RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY. 25K should get the suspension and chasis up to near the ford produced factory car. then throw on simple venom upgrades and you got 600+ hp.. with NO superchargers or turbochargers.. and 10 cylenders of pure Horsepower.......
VROOOOM!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
oh yea.. I am 20 years old.. history schmistory... this new car shares the same name and appearance to the original... thats about it. Engine,materials, composition... nothing carries over.
i am not against old cars.. bring out the original..... I would love any late '60's hemi or 454 chevy out there.. mint condition/restored, with no touch of modern electronics or niceities........ just don't remake it and expect me to like it just because the chosen name that is slapped on the new hi-tech machine 'has history'

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you took the article wrong about the price tag....

They never say it is going to cost $100K, they just say they wouldn't be surprised if it cost that much. I remember when the Viper was coming out, everyone thought it was going to command a six figure price tag...it didn't and it still doesn't.

For all we know it will cost less then the Viper. So don't be so quick to jump all over the car just because of a "magazine article". We all know that magazines are not the gospel. All we know about the car right now is that it is going to produced....period.

...also....this is ugly????

Man...someone needs to see an optometrist!!!:baaa:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Intrepidatious said:

...also....this is ugly????

Man...someone needs to see an optometrist!!!:baaa:

Yep :p ugly as sin.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sorry damn i dont care if it has history its ugly looks like the crack of my ass. :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :baaa:

Theres no point of even arguing until this car ever even makes it into production. they said its going into production but they didnt say when:alien: :alien: :alien:

·
Registered
502 Posts
LHSer said:

Hmm...too bad there never was a Viper to begin with back in the day the GT40 existed; so that's really an ill-comparison.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Hmm...too bad there never was a Viper to begin with back in the day the GT40 existed; so that's really an ill-comparison.
So you're saying that you can't compare unless they are of the same year or close to it? News to me!

The original GT40, as well as this new one stack up on the list of the most beautiful cars of all time. The Lamborghini Muria and 1967 Ferrari 256 Daytona being two others.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...and the '88 Pontiac Fiero GT....:bigsmile:

why am I the only person who likes these cars???:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts