DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and a Lincoln Town Car convertible!

If you guys remember not too long ago, I photoshopped a picture of what a 2 door Mercury Marauder convertible would look like.

Well, believe it or not, Ford is going to introduce it at next year's NAIAS in Detroit. Supposedly, it will be manufactured also.

Here's the link to the story:

Mercury 2 door convertible Marauder

So when the hell are we going to get our Intrepid 2 door convertible?

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
im not sure but we should send a letter to daimler chrysler...it could go a little something like this,"Listen here, Ford is making a Lincoln Towncar convertible, now if we did that to a 'trep we would put that thing to shame!"...or something to that effect :p

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
good call with sendin them a pic. I was gonna put that in my last post but i forgot till i posted it and i was too lazy to go back and edit it. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll believe the Mercury convertible when I see it. I would think it would be prohibitively expensive to build, though it is a body on frame design, so it would be easier to do.

Since a full size convertible has not been made since 1976, selling it might make the older ones more popular. Like mine, for instance! I'd never thought I see one again!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Wow, you have a Galaxy? That baby has to make the 'Trep look like a Miata :p j/k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wont the Marauder Coupe compete with the new Chrylser Concept dubbed (crossfire???), the one with te 2.7L SC engine producing 275HP and RWD?

I beleive they will have a better chance of making this a 'vert. Also the Towncar is being redesinged by Ford in the next few years as well.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by taxman:
I'll believe the Mercury convertible when I see it.
Go to the 2002 NAIAS and you'll see it!

Originally posted by Fmr12B
Wont the Marauder Coupe compete with the new Chrylser Concept dubbed (crossfire???), the one with te 2.7L SC engine producing 275HP and RWD?
The Crossfire is going to be a sporty, smaller 2 door droptop. It's going to be smaller, along the lines of the T-Bird (which in actuality isn't really that small). But not really the mass and bulk of the Marauder. Plus, the Marauder doesn't really have the classy (ie: European) lines that the Crossfire will have. I saw the Crossfire at the New York Auto Show and was very impressed. It really is a looker. But didn't Chrysler learn their lesson with the Prowler? Put a V-8 in that thing!

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts