DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and saw a 95 Concorde this weekend. 128K 3.5L Paint is really nice, no rust, really clean bench seat interior in the car. It has new struts, tie rods, sway bar links, cradle bushings and an alignment in the past 9 months. Good brakes with decent tires, new cradle bushings and hood struts.

Issues are...

Its in limp mode, he thinks 3rd is gone
Fans run all the time, not a big deal to me
Timing belt has never been done, I have some experience here
Battery is fried

He wants $500 bottom line, I'm thinking its too nice to part but I don't know if I'd put a trans in it without rebuilding it first. I can get a trans rebuilt with a converter for $700, by time I buy a battery do the timing, register it and add incidentals I'll be up to $1000 plus the purchase which gets me to $1500. My plan would be to sell off one of the others that has rust issues so I could also swap tires. I really wasn't looking for another project but its found me.

Looking for some opinions, the only pictures I have are attached

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
128k miles. That one ought to last you a while.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
128k miles. That one ought to last you a while.
Its about middle of the pack, I really need to update my sig

My LHs are currently around 165, 170, 110, 170 and 51

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st gen limp mode is probably tranny input/output sensor, usually see more serious tranny problems in 02+.

Go for it.
Really? You think the 02s and up have more problems? I thought they were preferred?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I'd go with an '02+ before an pre-98. I think the big problem with the 02+'s are in the PCM's, not the actual tranny.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
without driving it , its hard to say,, id pull the battery cable,, clear the codes,, then drive it,,, if it kinda bangs trying to go to 3rd,, id bet input and output sensors,,, tranny may be fine

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'll be back down that way a week from tomorrow and I'll take $500 with me, if he still has it I'll buy it. FYI - I have seen the car already but I didn't drive it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a great find! I'd drive it home.

I may be driving a twin to my car home about a month from now if the guy hasn't sold it.
You know, I'm really cheap, $500 is a giant leap for me for a car I can't drive.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm headed down to Indiana for the weekend and the car still appears to be for sale, I'm going to stop at the bank and get some cash. If I have a new project soon I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Turned out that someone bought it about an hour before I called the guy this weekend. So I may or may not have missed a deal but I still have $500 in my pocket!.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Well that sucks Ken but like you said the $500 still in your pocket.

I wish i could find another one here for under $1500 but everyone seems to think that there made of gold here and it don't even matter if they run or not :sneaky2:

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
around here , if any car is priced 600.00 or less, the salvage yards snap them up,, its blows

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you get about $400 for scrap around here, I probably should have bought this the first time I saw it. If nothing else I could have stripped it and been up a few hundred. Oh well, there is always another one somewhere if you are patient.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts