DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have the sportster sirius radio, but they is offering a free radio with the car kit. The only thing that is needed to get this free is to pay the $6.99 a month for 6 months at the time of purchase and they will give me this for free..... It's not big or bulky so i think i may get it.. It does have a built in FM -modulator.. anyone have or seen this type of Sirius radio? if so how is it?
Radio?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's dei's bottom of the line reciever, meant to replace the exact xtr3ck that's slowly being phased out. Its nothing special. Small display, wimpy fm transmitter, crappy channel tuning. But, it works. IMO, you'd be better of with a sportster or starmate if the sportster is too bulky for you. They're much better units.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yo JD it's the starmate.... the sportster is pretty nice, i may get the window mount to get it off of the dash. Anything FREE I figured that it couldn't be that great since they are giving them away. since i was looking to get a second unit, i figured that it wouldn't hurt to get this free one and then after the 6 months just drop it and add a better one!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, you ain't right...... I don't mess with cheap stuff, b/c you get what you pay for!!! I'd rather wait a and save for something if i really want it... As to this cheap Sirius radio, well it is what it is!!! I do like the one JD has which is what i may get after the 6 months is up!!!!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Man i install like 7 of those a day..there not bad..even one of the other installers has one in his car...the fm modulator is fine..never had a complaint...the only thing that sucks is the display during the day..you really cant read it..but at night it will light up your entire car

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
JeremyD said:
It's dei's bottom of the line reciever, meant to replace the exact xtr3ck that's slowly being phased out. Its nothing special. Small display, wimpy fm transmitter, crappy channel tuning. But, it works. IMO, you'd be better of with a sportster or starmate if the sportster is too bulky for you. They're much better units.

I swear to god, that IS NOT me...lol
I spell my name J E R E M I E

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
Man i install like 7 of those a day..there not bad..even one of the other installers has one in his car...the fm modulator is fine..never had a complaint...the only thing that sucks is the display during the day..you really cant read it..but at night it will light up your entire car
I think he is talking about the starmate/streamer and not the one in the pic... they are the same thing, but the starmate is silver,and the streamerGTR is black. Im going with the ALL black interior and blue accents, so i didnt get the starmate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts