DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, trying to do a tranny pan drop, I found that one of the bolts is completely rusted on, the one clostest to the torque converter (least that's what I think it is), yea, so I smashed my elbow while trying to get this damn bolt off........ it's now stripped and completely rusted/seized in there......... how the hell can I get that out of there without extensive work and with common tools

·
Registered
150 Posts
my best idea with common tools would be, if you have some kind of torch to heat the bolt up use that, get it as hot as you can, the get a socket thats a size smaller, beat it on with a hammer, then just take it out

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I used to use a trick on rusted on bolts when working on mufflers and exhaust, etc. I would torch the bolt...get it hot, then spray WD-40 or something similar on it....I would do this a few times and it would break free the rust....the heat would expand it and then the WD would contract the metal .....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, using the hexagonal......... I've checked prices on the easy-outs (at elast that's what they've been referred to as by my step-dad), $20 for a set......... maybe I'll just cut the bolt off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts