DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would likje to put an air dam on the front of trep but I can not find anybody that makes one(nothing new there). I would like at least a 3"drop. Does anybody know of one ? I thought about using a stock car front piece but they are made different and the fab work would be extensive.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Are you talking about the "bug deflector" thingy that goes above the front bumper/below the hood or something underneath the front bumper like the stock air damn thingy? I don't see any logical reason for putting on a larger front air damn, since the stock one serves no aerodynamic/cooling purpose, it is simply there to hit the ground before your bumper does to help protect your car.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
Are you talking about the "bug deflector" thingy that goes above the front bumper/below the hood or something underneath the front bumper like the stock air damn thingy? I don't see any logical reason for putting on a larger front air damn, since the stock one serves no aerodynamic/cooling purpose ......
I thought it was there for that....When I bought my car, I went to see my mechanic and wanted him to take it off because I think it's ugly and he said that it was there to get more air to the radiator?? (or something like that) Anyways, I obviously don't have it anymore so I don't really care, but just thought I would share this.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
It doesn't sound like a lot of fab work. That bottom lip below the colored part is like an inch wide strip of black plastic. Get a, 3 inch you said?, wide strip of black plastic and glue or rivet it across the stock strip. You could even paint the rivets.

Just checked mcmaster.com and typed in plastics and found 3" wide strips of plastic anywhere from $8 to $20 based on varying compositions and lengths. They even has self adhesive stuff. Check it out!!!

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
My air dam was ripped off last year when I was driving home from work. Raining, and visibility was poor. There was a HUGE industrial paint can in the middle of the road... I ran over it... heard the air dam dragging for a couple miles... I turned into a local store parking lot, and ripped the damn thing off.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
THere was one guy on Cardomain that had a green trep with yellow accents. He had an airdam like that. Actually it was kinda a lip kit. It ran all the way around the car. He had other things like christmas lights for neons so he wasn't the greatest modder ever but the lip kit looked pretty nice. I asked him about it but of coures with Cardomain i got no response.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Wouldn't your car look pretty stupid without it going all the way around the car?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Oh and that radiator cooling stuff is BS, its only real purpose is to protect the bumper, and it does work too. My front bumper is abused to hell on the front underside since my airdamn was 90% off anyways from the previous owner. My bumper is also not really attached on the bottom of the car, and I'm not sure the best option for fixing that but its not something that causes a problem, just looks kinda stupid if you look down there.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Slow

concordia said:
I was thinking about the same thing and was gonna get some of this stuff
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?dept_id=1432&sku=764426
plastic garden edging -- turn it upside down, trim it to fit and attach it to the regular air dam.

edit: I call it: Martha Stewart Ghetto :icon_surp

Why it got to be ghetto? Why can't it be Martha Stewart hood hookup.....ROFL

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
concordia said:
I was thinking about the same thing and was gonna get some of this stuff
http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?dept_id=1432&sku=764426
plastic garden edging -- turn it upside down, trim it to fit and attach it to the regular air dam.

edit: I call it: Martha Stewart Ghetto :icon_surp
I doubt if the regular air dam could support the added stress. But you could take the factory one off and attach your add-on to the same places ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts