DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 SE that has red/white reflectors on the corners of the inside of the door and I noticed that many of y'all with earlier year treps have courtesy lights there. I searched and found some posts but not any with a how to for installing courtesy lights on a model that isn't wired for this. I was thinking you'd just run a wire from the map light but I'm a novice at stuff like this without directions.

Is it possible to do this mod with my trep?

- Dave

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yep, it's possible...I've been in the process for a couple years now (I'm lazy)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yup!

yea, i have done it, but the front doors are a *****! took me almost 6 hours just for the fronts, you may want to take the doors off!
there are instructions on how to run the wires, look in the HOW to section for the 300M special mirrors!

Andrei

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
6 hours. damn I wish I was that commited when I did my lights. I just ran the wires from the overhead lights down the pilars and under the weather striping into the doors. about 30 minutes of work. People only notice the wires when I point them out.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
6 hours. damn I wish I was that commited when I did my lights. I just ran the wires from the overhead lights down the pilars and under the weather striping into the doors. about 30 minutes of work. People only notice the wires when I point them out.
That is how I had mine done also but removed them when completing the chrome handle installation. Going to go back and do them (as well as the mirror signals) the right way before Carlisle.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
That is how I had mine done also but removed them when completing the chrome handle installation. Going to go back and do them (as well as the mirror signals) the right way before Carlisle .

Yeah, you better be there!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a how-to for taking the door panel off? I need to take it off to possibly do this mod and also to run some speaker wires.

- Dave

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
All you have to do to remove the door panels is remove all the screws and pull the panels off. There is link to the service manual in the FAQ section that show where all the screws are located. I would recommend downloading the manual so that you will have it for future reference. I would email it to you but it is a HUGE pdf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts