DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the damn thing called and what's the part number for it? Took me like 6 years to figure out some idiot mechanic lost mine. My front bumper is hanging in the middle because the plastic that goes between it and the radiator support is gone. No idea what to buy because I don't even know how is called ,the part number nor I can't find a picture with it on the internet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What is the damn thing called and what's the part number for it? Took me like 6 years to figure out some idiot mechanic lost mine. My front bumper is hanging in the middle because the plastic that goes between it and the radiator support is gone. No idea what to buy because I don't even know how is called ,the part number nor I can't find a picture with it on the internet.
Check the 2nd Gen parts catalog pdfs (link below) to see if your 300M is listed and the links are still good. If not, one of the other 300M sites may have a pdf. Or the paper ones for various years do come up on ebay regularly if they will ship to you (outside the US?). There are a few up now. Obviously get one for your year or later (which should also include previous year's p/ns). On parts like that , without a junkyard source, you may have to just improvise with a piece of steel or aluminum rectangular tubing, angle, etc. from a hardware store, cut/shape, drill, and bolt it in. A lot of body parts like that are no longer available from Mopar dealers, even in the U.S..

Many Mopar parts for the 1st & 2nd Gen LH cars are no longer available in the US, except guys who bought up new-old-stock stuff from dealers and sell it on ebay. The body/frame parts are especially hard to come by from any source except a junkyard, and a lot of them with limited space are crushing older cars now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the 2nd Gen parts catalog pdfs (link below) to see if your 300M is listed and the links are still good. If not, one of the other 300M sites may have a pdf. Or the paper ones for various years do come up on ebay regularly if they will ship to you (outside the US?). There are a few up now. Obviously get one for your year or later (which should also include previous year's p/ns). On parts like that , without a junkyard source, you may have to just improvise with a piece of steel or aluminum rectangular tubing, angle, etc. from a hardware store, cut/shape, drill, and bolt it in. A lot of body parts like that are no longer available from Mopar dealers, even in the U.S..

Many Mopar parts for the 1st & 2nd Gen LH cars are no longer available in the US, except guys who bought up new-old-stock stuff from dealers and sell it on ebay. The body/frame parts are especially hard to come by from any source except a junkyard, and a lot of them with limited space are crushing older cars now.

yea I see that ,I'm looking like crazy for a set of weatherstripping even in bad shape and I can't find it. An idiot here that still had a 300M in a junkyard though to scrap the car after I bought pretty much everything except the seals....he scrapped the car with the weathestripping still on it. I imagine that plastic is even more rare since its under the car.

·
Premium Member
18,330 Posts
Are you talking about the part that connects to the lower radiator support? If so, it would be ironic because it is the "air dam" (AKA "air duct") - ironic because you referred to it as "the damn thing" 🤷‍♂️ 🤪 - item number 23 in the below parts pdf sketch. There's also number 13 "fascia bracket". (I'm having to do a little guessing because I only know Concordes, and the lower fascia attaching parts are a little different.)

If that's not the part you mean, then give some more description or identify it in the sketch.

From parts pdf (2000):
White Product Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font

Circle Event Font Electric blue Pattern

Circle Event Font Electric blue Pattern

·
Premium Member
18,330 Posts
Oh - I meant to include this from the FSM. Again, things may not be 100% anatomically correct as they differ between Concorde, 300M, and Intrepid:
White Table Outdoor bench Font Line

Reactions: amtct

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea its part 23 and somehow its not connected on the front bumper ,the brackets are broken. I have the part but its only connected under the radiator. Also even though I have no leaks under the car that part is really oily lol :oops:

·
Premium Member
18,330 Posts
Yea its part 23 and somehow its not connected on the front bumper ,the brackets are broken. I have the part but its only connected under the radiator. Also even though I have no leaks under the car that part is really oily lol :oops:
OK - so now you have the name and part number (attached below the parts pdf sketch).

Reactions: amtct
1 - 7 of 7 Posts