DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :smileyvault-newhere

Just purchased a 1994 Chrysler Concorde with ONLY 158,000 original kilometers, with an almost perfect body.

There appears to be some problems.with the front end. While stopped, if I turn the wheel all the way to the left, I'll hear a clunk in the front passenger side area. If I drive at this point, the car will pull slightly to the left. If I stop and then turn the wheel all the way to the right, I'll get the same clunk. If driven after that, it will pull to the right quite a bit harder than it did to the left. Could this be a rack issue?

Also, the car was stored for 3 years, ON it's tires [bad idea]. Now there is considerable vibration at anything over 80 kilometers per hour. Could the tires have been damaged by improper storage? The car is in great shape and well worth anything I put into it.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
There are lots of things with the steering and suspension that could be the cause of your issues.

Bad steering rack.

Steering rack bushings.

Inner tie-rod bushing.

Inner and outer tie-rod ends.

Engine cradle bushings.

Lower control arms.

Strut-rod bushings.

Bad struts.

You need to get a look at all of the thing i mentioned to get a better idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been checking out front end parts prices. The prices are so reasonable that it would probably pay to simply rebuild the front end and call it a day.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I finally finished replacing everything on the front end on mine just recently from the steering rack all the way to the cv axles and now that i think about it the only original parts on the front are the knuckles and the sway bar lol.

·
Registered
550 Posts
sounds like a plan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts