DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past July I put new struts in my 01 R/T 'Trep. I also did brake pads while I was there. I will say I reused the end links (which are now rattling)
New tires a few weeks later.
About a week or so I develop a wobbly sound from the front drivers side...sorta whoowhoowhoo sound at rotation. (like an imbalance)
When I hit the brake it sounds like a grinding sound.
Any ideas where to look. I jacked the front , no play in the wheel.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,974 Posts
Check the tires....rotate them, see if the noise disappears....other thing to check is the radius rod and control arm bushings...if the sound changes when steering right to left going down the road...wheel bearing...

If you installed aftermarket quickstruts, all bets are off.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't seem to notice it changing with left to right turning....the only change in sound is when I brake. It makes that growling sound like something dragging excessivly

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Bad wheel bearing doesn't always change sound when zig-zagging. However if it does, it proves it's the bearing. If it doesn't, it still could be.

Rotor problem?

So - rotor or wheel bearing - one of those two, but my money also is on one of the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually looks like my caliper may be hanging up. Got an excessive amount of brake dust on that wheel.Gonna pull the caliper and clean the slides tomorrow night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts