DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sounds like a rotational noise that gets longer in frequency as the car slows down. If I had to take a guess by the sound of it I would say a drive axle C/V, wheel bearing, or possibly a belt separation in the tire.

Does the steering wheel shake while this happens?

Edit:

Wait, I think this was solved elsewhere?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey AD, it was user error. In my exhaustion last night, coupled with rain starting to pour down, I did not sufficiently tighten the lug nuts. Embarrassing but true.:noos:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hey AD, it was user error. In my exhaustion last night, coupled with rain starting to pour down, I did not sufficiently tighten the lug nuts. Embarrassing but true.:noos:
Any damage to those pretty wheels? Hope not!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no does not seem so. I only put on like a 1/2 mile in distance total and relatively low speeds since finishing up the big job yesterday, so everything looks good. Did a test drive after tightening and things went smooth.

I am one happy camper with how things turned out. Bought a beautiful Special for very cheap that had no working right side turn or fog lights, bad thunk in right wheel, CEL, air bag light, and dirty as all get out.

After two weeks, with a lot of help, I have fixed the CEL and Air Bag lights, fixed the thunk, got replacement wiring from the yard and rewired the whole front right exterior lighting, rehab'd the interior with a shampoo spot bot for the floor/ceiling and Lexol for the seats, changed out the broken cupholder and burned out lights, fixed the inoperable cd changer (by reconnecting it) and will have the sirius module in to replace it Monday.

Other than the loud air whoosh/whir and the speeedo being about 7-8 % lower than actual speed, I am tickled pink. And those I can live with for sure

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
On the air whoosh, other than the ideas I posted on the 300M Club in your thread there, another thought: Make sure the lid of your air filter box is fully seated sealed and tightly latched. They can make some funny noises in high air usage situations (acceleration/load) if gapped open.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
Are you going to disappear from the forum now that your problems are fixed? LOL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well now i just might! haha, no didn't plan on it. I do have a bar exam to take in 2 weeks so I might be a little out of touch until the end of July though :) At least now I can drive to the exam site safely!

And PEVA, thanks for the heads up. I did check under the hood and it seems like it was on, but for good measure I tightened both clamp/rings down and made sure all fasteners were on good and snug for the air filter box. I also removed from the driver side a pretty thick stray power wire that used to run an amp mounted in the trunk but was just dangling. I havent had a real chance to test drive it but a small test showed less of the whir sound but still some of that air/suction whooshing.

I will test it more after classes this week though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts