DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might recall a thread of mine about a week or two ago in reference to I had to remove my front right rim/tire, and battery for a starting problem that I had. Ever since I reinstalled the tire, EVERY time after I brake I hear a terrible squeaking noise ONLY coming from the front right tire area. Brake pads were changed out about 2 months ago. Maybe while reinstalling everything something got kinda/sorta jammed causing a metal on metal sound? Any info would be great...
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Did you check the backing plate behind the rotor maybe it got bent somehow in removing tire on that side.It doesn't have much clearance to start with.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lextrep said:
Did you check the backing plate behind the rotor maybe it got bent somehow in removing tire on that side.It doesn't have much clearance to start with.
Yes I just came back in from checking. Nothing was bent.

D76G12 said:
... or maybe something got on the rotor while you had the tire off - oil, grease, dirt, acid ...?
Ding Ding! All over the place was the black grimey crap. Didn't appear to be oil... maybe it was some sort of grease/lube. No clue. BUT: Cleaned everything up.... put the tire back on... went for a test drive... no further problems noted.

·
Premium Member
16,743 Posts
To followup with more detail to what lextrep said, here is a post I did recently in another thread:

Consider that the rotor shield could be slightly bent and rubbing against the rotor. When that happens, it makes a very high pitch squeal - it happened to me and a few others. It's the rectangular sheet metal piece that hangs down from the steering knuckle between the rotor and the control arm ball joint - see photo below. If it's rubbing the rotor, just bend it towards the ball joint to leave a 1/8 to 1/4" gap between it and the rotor.

Photo of steering knuckle off the car showing the rotor shield:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts