DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was replacig the front brakes on my '94 Dodge. When I went to tighten up the caliper bolts, one of the bolts wouldn't tighten, so I took the caliper back off ad discovered that I had tore the threads on the steering knuckle (thats what Haynes calls it) all up. The bolt would tighten enough that the caliper won't move, but I was wondering, has anyone replaced the knuckles on their car? Also I was wondering how much time should I set aside for this project, and how much is this going to set me back? I usually do my own maintenance, but I've never done anything this involved, especially on a front wheel drive. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey some auto shops have slightly oversized caliper bolts that you can just retap the holes with. Lot cheaper and easier. Steering knuckle you have to remove the tie rod, ball joint, a big nut on the cv shaft, knock the cv shaft back , pull the strut bolts and disconnect the antilock senser in the beginning so you don't break it. and pull all the brake crap apart first. After that list it is just put it all back together in the right way. Oh take the tie off at the beginning to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know where I might b able to get one, othertha the dealer? Are there armarketones available?

·
Registered
533 Posts
junk yard?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts