DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about fabbing up some front strut bars for myself and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. Price would probably be around $100 plus shipping. I imagine the benefits of it being farely substantial since it's such a heavy car, but anyway if you are interested post here or shoot me a PM. They would probably be made from painted or powdercoated mild steel, if not they'd be made from stainless steel. (I haven't made these yet but I've come up with a way to do it, just have to do it when I get a little extra cash. I'm just seeing if it'd be worth my time to sell these.)

EDIT: I also have a true cold air intake setup on my 3.3L and I'd be willling to make it for some people if they wanted one. It uses 3.5" aluminum tubing and rubber connectors (home depot, been on there 2 years and still like new with no problems) and a K&N air filter. Asking $30 for just the piping and an additional $40 with K&N filter, so a total of $70 all together plus $5 shipping.

Intake pics:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i wouldn't mind knowing how this turned out first, if it's a good product, or made well, i'm sure people will be all over these.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know you guys would like to see them before you commit. And you will, however this is just to gauge interest. If I get at least 5 interested people I'll get the stuff to make a couple and take pictures of them. Standard color will be gloss black with a clear coat, however other colors can be requested with an additional $5 charge to purchase the paint. Also custom paint jobs may also be done, that pricing would have to be figured out later however. Also I'll have to get some quotes to get them powdercoated, but figure an extra $40 or so. And depending on how well the front bars go over I may get really adventerous and tackle making a rear strut bar as well.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
04IntrepidSXT said:
I was unaware the first gens didn't come with a front strut brace. My 2g has one from the factory.
Nope, I didn't know the 2g's did have one. I'll look in my mom's car again but I could've swore there was never one there.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
On these cars, 1st gens atleast i don't think it will be all that much of an improvement. The towers are already pretty close to the firewall and much room to flex. but can't hurt to try ;-)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
Yep, its under the plastic pieces at the top of the hood. Looks pretty beefy.(Sorry to get away from your 1st gen angle)

Are you sure you have a strut tower brace on your second gen? I've never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You can add me to the front strut bar. I am sure it will help. I make a custom rear strut bar on my car add it work well.

All 2G car have a factory front strut bar.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this project is on hold for a little bit longer, I'll still try it here pretty soon but the difficulty level just went through the roof on the front. My initial plan didn't work because of some stuff that I didn't think was going to be in the way but in actuality was. But I've got another way to do it, I just have to simplify it enough to where people don't have to cut there car apart to put it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm thinking about fabbing up some front strut bars for myself and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. Price would probably be around $100 plus shipping. I imagine the benefits of it being farely substantial since it's such a heavy car, but anyway if you are interested post here or shoot me a PM. They would probably be made from painted or powdercoated mild steel, if not they'd be made from stainless steel. (I haven't made these yet but I've come up with a way to do it, just have to do it when I get a little extra cash. I'm just seeing if it'd be worth my time to sell these.)

EDIT: I also have a true cold air intake setup on my 3.3L and I'd be willling to make it for some people if they wanted one. It uses 3.5" aluminum tubing and rubber connectors (home depot, been on there 2 years and still like new with no problems) and a K&N air filter. Asking $30 for just the piping and an additional $40 with K&N filter, so a total of $70 all together plus $5 shipping.

Intake pics:

Any chance you're still fabricating Strut bars for 1st Gen Intrepids?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts