DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 dodge intrepid se and the front valence appears to be coming off.
it is sagging in the middle, being held up by the end clips. we tend ot scrape the front of this car alot with the hills and transitions in the road around here so just removing it would b bad, also since it seems to support the front bumper somewhat (when i put it in place, the bumper moves a little). i was wondering where i can the attachments/clips/wutever they are to fix this, because im afraid the thing is either gonna come off and im gonna run over it or its gonna start dragging the ground as i drive around.

·
Registered
566 Posts
DrDodge said:
I have mine held on with zip ties im so creative
I used those and a couple of very short bolts and nuts for the wheel wells, when I removed them and broke the clips to take off front fascia, I had them lying around. :brow2:

But I'm sure your still creative. :bdaysmile

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just take it off if you are constantly rubbing.

I am a fan of no lower fascia. It hurts your cooling system like an almost negligible amount, but other then that go for it.

If your cradle mount starts sagging because you are rubbing it then that is a different story.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah I vote to just remove it. I removed mine like 2 weeks after I bought the car because it was just getting all torn up. But if it must stay zip ties work for just about anything.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Anmother thing to check is the "foam cushion" that is between the cover and the re-bar. It is actually what helps support the weight of the cover. If it is broken or not there at all, you wuld be wise to repair or replace it. If it is broken, use hot melt glue to rebond the pieces together, the wne you put it back, it fits over the rebar and into the center part of the cover to support it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.