DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is basically what I am looking at getting if anyone has any better suggestions or thinks this is a good set up or sees something I left out please reply

dri Frt control arm K7211 Moog
Pass Frt control arm K7213 Moog
Frt stabilizer bar link K7342 Moog
Dri Frt Strut 71668 Monroe
Pass Frt Strut 71667 Monroe
Sub frame bushing 924013 Dorman
Strut Rod Bushing K8516 Moog
Tension strut 4782060A OEM DODGE
wheel Hub 513089 Timken
H&R lowering Springs 29467 H&R
Frt RH Upr Strut Mt 04782018AB OEM DODGE
Frt LH Upr Strut Mt 04782019A OEM DODGE
Frt Strut Boot Kit 63619 Monroe
Frt Coil Spring Seat K7337 Moog
Frt Sway bar Bushing 5501275 Raybestos
Steering Tie rod Bshin K7408 Moog
Frt Tie Rod Outer ES3529 Moog
Frt RH Tie rod inr ES3531 Moog
Frt LH Tie rod inr ES3532 Moog
Isolators PB1065 polybushing

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
I'd save the cost of the inner tie rods - they do not wear at all - no gain whatsoever from replacing them. Instead get the aftermarket toe adjuster sleeves that have the big hex shape for adjusting (OEM design on that part sucks).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Might be missing it but I don't see inner Tie bushing... These go fairly easy on the treps... I live on a bumpy dirt road and had to replace mine twice in 5 years. about an hour job.. if you do get them get the split ones they are easier to install and don't need a press.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be missing it but I don't see inner Tie bushing... These go fairly easy on the treps... I live on a bumpy dirt road and had to replace mine twice in 5 years. about an hour job.. if you do get them get the split ones they are easier to install and don't need a press.
thanks that is also very good to know

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after reading many posts I have decided to opt for the OEM coil spring seat and bearings for the front struts also hope to have poly engine cradle bushings, as from what I read the dorman aren't any good

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
I think there's some terminology confusion - and it looks like Rock Auto adds to that confusion by showing strut bearings in with the spring insulators (AKA spring cushions). I may be mistaken, but the Moog K7337 looks like a strut bearing to me, and you don't show any upper and lower spring cushions in your list.

Anyway - good decision on the OEM seats (mounts) and bearings.

When you said Moog "spring seat" in your OP, I was thinking the spring cushions - otherwise I would have said something.

Now that I realize that you don't list any upper and lower spring insulators (AKA cushions), you need to put those on the list. People in the LH community say that the aftermarket ones don't cost much and are *much* better than the OEM ones (the OEM ones don't last long).

Upper: Moog K160144
Lower: Moog K160147

Does this help, or have I just added to the confusion?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there's some terminology confusion - and it looks like Rock Auto adds to that confusion by showing strut bearings in with the spring insulators (AKA spring cushions). I may be mistaken, but the Moog K7337 looks like a strut bearing to me, and you don't show any upper and lower spring cushions in your list.

When you said Moog "spring seat" in your OP, I was thinking the spring cushions - otherwise I would have said something.

Now that I realize that you don't list any upper and lower spring insulators (AKA cushions), you need to put those on the list. People in the LH community say that the aftermarket ones don't cost much and are *much* better than the OEM ones (the OEM ones don't last long).

I am going to be using the polybushing spring insulators/cushions I think they should be a better choice and last longer

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Also any input from members is always helpful, Thank You!!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Lol Man I need to stop reading these at 8:45 am.. specially when I just come off 3 night shifts and don't have any coffee and only slept 4 hours. Was about to ask how to change the "spring cushions" aren't the seats sewn together?.. :lmao:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lol Man I need to stop reading these at 8:45 am.. specially when I just come off 3 night shifts and don't have any coffee and only slept 4 hours. Was about to ask how to change the "spring cushions" aren't the seats sewn together?.. :lmao:
The seat and bearing is one piece which is positioned on the strut mount. The spring insulators/cushions (service manual refers to as spring isolator) are positioned on the seat and bearing of the upper and on the lower strut mount when I get all my part I will take pics and then post (if not all ready done) a easy strut assembly picture tutorial. I will be doing picture tutorials on all my projects.

I hear ya brother about the night shift thing I work the C-crew and it is a split shift.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The seat and bearing is one piece which is positioned on the strut mount. The spring insulators/cushions (service manual refers to as spring isolator) are positioned on the seat and bearing of the upper and on the lower strut mount when I get all my part I will take pics and then post (if not all ready done) a easy strut assembly picture tutorial. I will be doing picture tutorials on all my projects.

I hear ya brother about the night shift thing I work the C-crew and it is a split shift.
I know what it is... but brain just jumbled Peva's post

"When you said Moog "spring seat" in your OP, I was thinking the spring cushions - otherwise I would have said something"

It's cool you want to post a pictorial.. but I would just search to make sure there isn't one already... and posting it in the How-To section would be awesome. I myself posted one on how to convert from MTC control head to ATC without doing a body harness swap.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well received some of my parts today and am kind of Bummed as the Mopar OEM bearing and seat is just what I suspected, it is made in China. The good news is the tension rods are still made in the USA as for the strut mounts I cannot tell as they came with no country of origin. The really good news is I also received my poly insulators from PolyBushings and compared them to a brand new oem insulator and I must say I believe the PolyBushings is 10x better than the OEM foam. Now to get my other parts so I can start putting this stuff together.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Many OEM parts are made in China now. Heck, the replacement Special front struts that are on my car have "Made in China" on them. :glum:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
This is basically what I am looking at getting if anyone has any better suggestions or thinks this is a good set up or sees something I left out please reply

dri Frt control arm K7211 Moog
Pass Frt control arm K7213 Moog
Frt stabilizer bar link K7342 Moog
Dri Frt Strut 71668 Monroe
Pass Frt Strut 71667 Monroe
Sub frame bushing 924013 Dorman
Strut Rod Bushing K8516 Moog
Tension strut 4782060A OEM DODGE
wheel Hub 513089 Timken
H&R lowering Springs 29467 H&R
Frt RH Upr Strut Mt 04782018AB OEM DODGE
Frt LH Upr Strut Mt 04782019A OEM DODGE
Frt Strut Boot Kit 63619 Monroe
Frt Coil Spring Seat K7337 Moog
Frt Sway bar Bushing 5501275 Raybestos
Steering Tie rod Bshin K7408 Moog
Frt Tie Rod Outer ES3529 Moog
Frt RH Tie rod inr ES3531 Moog
Frt LH Tie rod inr ES3532 Moog
Isolators PB1065 polybushing
Check the link in my sig. Good call on OEM mounts and struts.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have most of my front suspension parts now just waiting on Rock auto's orders
I also have a brand new set of Oem Cups does anyone know the actual purpose of these, are they really needed and can they be used with aftermarket such as KYB?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts