DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest out there in a 1995 8.0 Liter V10 Dodge Ram with 5th Wheel towing package with brake boost controller for $4,500?

It's the Father In Law's truck, I'm driving it now to work cause I work at a busy intersection and have it parked at the corner for all to see.

I don't know the HP and Torque rating, but it's fast as hell. Remember, the 8.0 V10 is basically the same engine as the Viper, only not as highly tuned.

Hit me up with a PM if there's interest or post on here and I can post pics later.

Oh yeah, it has 111,000 miles on it. If it helps any, the F-I-L has been a Dealership Mechanic all of his life so the truck is well taken care of.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IntrepidBus IV said:
sounds like a good deal sander, what kind of shape/what options are on it?
Ohh let's see. I think it's in great shape, will post pics later tonight since I'm at work. CD player, Auto Tranny, Power windows, power locks, power mirrors, sliding rear window, ohh, it also has a lockable metal toolbox in the back as well. I guess pictures will tell you a lot more than I can. But if there's anything specific, ask.

I punched up the truck on Edmunds.com and it came back with a Private Party price of $4,490 which is basically asking price. But for those who want it to tow a 5th Wheel it has the hitch already (worth at least $500) and the brake boost controller for trailors (which is worth something extra, I'm not sure how much). So yeah, the hitch, the brake controller, the toolbox (nice chrome) is like all extras for free.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
$4500 for the truck, and then $4500 to put fuel in it @ ~13,000 miles for the year. :D Makes the truck itself sound REALLY cheap to me!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IntrepidBus IV said:
$4500 for the truck, and then $4500 to put fuel in it @ ~13,000 miles for the year. :D Makes the truck itself sound REALLY cheap to me!
Ain't that the truth!

But yeah, he went and bought himself a new Silverado with the extended 4 door cab so they could bring their grandchildren with them to go camping. The Dodge here doesn't have a backseat of any kind, which is fine if you just want it as a work truck.

I once hauled the biggest U-Haul trailor full of stuff plus loaded the bed full of crap and moved from MN to KS and it didn't even feel the extra weight. Beware the power of the V10!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took some pics, still at work. Will post them up later tonight when I get home.

Forgot to mention such things as Cruise Control, Tinted Windows (legal), Alloy Wheels, 2 Rear Gates (one is stock, the other is like a Metal Mesh which is great for less drag and towing clearance, has the regular towing hitch in addition to the 5th Wheel hitch, almost new tires and last but not least, did I mention it has an 8.0 liter V10?

I did find the specs for the engine at Wikipedia. . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram

8.0 Liter V10 makes 300HP and 450 lb/ft of torque. In comparison, today's Hemi that is used in Rams makes more HP at 345, but less torque at 375 lb/ft (that's a difference of a Honda Civic!!!). As far as towing, torque is where it's at.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Also the V10 makes its max torque (450 ftlbs) at 2400 rpm. They are an awesome truck for sure! I have a 96.

BTW is the truck a 4x4 or 2wd? and I presume its a regular cab?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know the HP and Torque rating, but it's fast as hell. Remember, the 8.0 V10 is basically the same engine as the Viper, only not as highly tuned.
No,they may both be 488 cubes and 10 cylinders but thats where the similarities end.
Those are nice trucks,wish I could have found a deal like this back when I was looking.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DodgeNut22 said:
Also the V10 makes its max torque (450 ftlbs) at 2400 rpm. They are an awesome truck for sure! I have a 96.

BTW is the truck a 4x4 or 2wd? and I presume its a regular cab?
WOW, I can't believe I forgot to mention this. But then again, I'm not really a truck guy so go figure.

It's a 2WD model and it's sitting here in the middle of the country in Kansas City. I eluded to the fact that it was just a regular cab when talking about the Silverado replacement, but yeah, it's a regular cab.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wo23dodge said:
No,they may both be 488 cubes and 10 cylinders but thats where the similarities end.
Those are nice trucks,wish I could have found a deal like this back when I was looking.
If you're trying to say that the relation between the two engines is the same as the 3.5 liter V6 found in Nissans and the 3.5 liter V6 found in Chrysler products, then sorry to say, but they share more than just cylinder count and displacement. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_LA_engine#Ram_Tough_V10

Ram Tough V10

Orginally developed in the 1980s as a truck engine used for the larger size Rams, the V10 was re-engineered as the engine of the Dodge Viper in 1990 by Lamborghini, then owned by Chrysler, and used in the Ram 2500. It was a rare engine and provided far less power than the rebuilt model in the Viper. It was used in Dodge trucks and was called the Ram Tough V10 Magnum.
While it's true, they are two separate beasts, the engine was basically the basis for the Viper engine.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,330 Posts
I'll give you $3500 for it. Just an offer..don't go ballistic on me.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Ronbo said:
I'll give you $3500 for it. Just an offer..don't go ballistic on me.
Not my truck so I'm not gonna go ballistic. If you're serious, I'll give you the in-law's number and you can talk to him and see what he says.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,330 Posts
Any chance of pics? And yes I'm serious.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you're trying to say that the relation between the two engines is the same as the 3.5 liter V6 found in Nissans and the 3.5 liter V6 found in Chrysler products, then sorry to say, but they share more than just cylinder count and displacement. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_LA_engine#Ram_Tough_V10

While it's true, they are two separate beasts, the engine was basically the basis for the Viper engine.

on a very basic level,like I said both are 488 cube V10's.
They started with the truck V10 block for the Viper and soon found out the heads wouldn't fit the car,thats where Lamborghini came in,they built new heads from scratch,with that came a new induction system.

My only point was that you can't try to make it sound like it's a Viper engine,they are not nearly as close as some think ;)

Now an SRT10 Dodge,thats another story :)

Looks really nice,I would post it on some mopar and race sites like moparts and racejunk,would make for one hell of a tow vehicle.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice truck, and well worth the $$ if you ask me! I love my V10 truck, and anyone who is actually looking for a truck to haul with I would seriously consider this beast cause that is the best way to descibe them!

I love this quote, its from an old article that I have.

"Contributing to the Ram's macho image is the availability of the gorilla-like V10 engine, with 8.0 liters, 300 hp and 450 lb.-ft. of torque. To drive a Ram with the V10 is to develop whole new perspective on pickup truck power, and the Ram V10 upped the stakes at the upper end of the pickup power struggle."

Man they said that right!

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
DodgeNut, you ever timed the 0-60 times on this truck? It's hard to guage since the power comes on so effortless. I was getting on the highway earlier from an onramp that has a very sharp turn on it so I had a slow start and next thing I knew, I was already going 80 without hardly even mashing the pedal at all. I know I once raced a regular riced-out Acura RSX (not type S) and blew it away EASILY! So yeah, I was just wondering.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts