DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this section usually is the place to sell car parts, but I feel I can trust most if not all of you in a sale transaction. I am selling my HP iPaq h4155 handheld. I barely use it anymore and really haven't used it much since I bought it last August.

The unit comes with all of the software and manuals, original box etc. Plus a Rhino Skin Leather Case with swivel clip and a 128MB SD Card. Unit does have 802.11b wireless built in plus Bluetooth. Asking $225.00 for all of it. I'll post pictures later if anyone is interested.

If anyone is interested email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
For those of you who want GPS but can't afford an RB1, an iPaq and a GPS module is one of the better alternatives.

With an iPaq you get a MUCH better and larger screen than what you will find on dedicated handheld GPS units. There is plenty of iPaq GPS software out there that is as good or better than what Garmin packages in their auto-specific GPS'.

Plus you still have an iPaq which is good for lots of other things including a poor-mans OBD reader (with more software and an adapter cable).

The HP 4155 for offer in this thread has a very nice screen and built-in bluetooth. A bluetooth GPS module can be found on ebay for under $100. Add another $50 or so for software and you're all set.

Personally, I'm using an ancient iPaq 3950 that I inherited from my last job along with an Emtac GPS sleeve.

Software:

www.gpsdash.com ('dashboard' application)
www.pocketmap.com (nice stuff)
www.delorme.com (Street Atlas)
And of cource, Microsoft Pocket Streets at this url:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/pocketstreets/default.mspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts