DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Damn Keith! Sorry to hear that!

Are you coming to Carlisle? We could do the install there if you want?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'll help with the install as well if I can.........I don't want to buy it though, I have too much weight as it is :(

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sorry you couldn't get it bro.I need to add a hitch to our intrepid.I thought when i looked at the instructions it looked kinda weird.But if you go to a shop and purchase one of theirs that comes with installation,it gets installed the same way..I've done a search and all the hitches for a 98 intrepid 3.2 liter are all the square style.I much rather prefer the tubular design.Is there a difference in mounting between the 300 hitch and the intrepid?

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I will either sell it before Carlisle or have the group all pitch in and install it there at Carlisle. Like I said I got it because it was a deal that I just could not turn down and just in case I need it to pull some things one day. Although with me the most that I would use it for would be my motorcycle that I will not be getting for another year.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I feel you on the motorcycle bit.I was supposed to have mine by now,but other things needed to be taken care of first.I'll get it one day..I've even got my 4x8 fold up brand new trailer in my garage waiting for it...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will this fit a 2000 R/T? If so, what are you looking to get ... providing it's still available and still up for sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a "Hidden Hitch" on a '03 Intrepid, and it was pretty easy...no drilling, just bolts and nuts. The toughest part was having to loosen the muffler on one side. Other than that, the whole job took about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah just took the unit back outside to see what the deal was and it appears that it would be easier to install now that the stock exhaust setup is gone. But now the location for the rear attachment has been occupied by the new exhaust setup.

Unit still for sale but if no one takes it before Carlisle then I will get it installed during the meet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts