DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i signed up at 50megs.com so i'd have some place to store some stuff online, but cannot get the FTP to work for the life of me. I've tried the 2 programs that they suggest, but neither would log me in.

I also tried just using the FTP in IE but that wont work either - it keeps asking for my username/password.

I go to ftp://jgarrett.50megs.com then logon w/ my name as [email protected] as it says to do and put my password in but it wont work??

any suggestions?

·
Registered
530 Posts
passwords are case sensative meaning: AfRo is different from afro. So type in your pass exactly how you entered it when you signed up..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been there, done that.... doesn't work... ???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you trying to logon in passiv mode? I have had that problem in the past. I use Smart ftp, it has been easy and free too

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you know if you're trying to log on in passive mode? also, where can i get a copy of Smart FTP?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx... i'll see if that'll let me login

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

it keeps telling me I cant logon anonymously:mad: and I'M NOT TRYING TO.... the box to logon anonymously is not checked, and my username and password are correct.... WTF?:mad:

·
Registered
530 Posts
damn.. sounds like they messed up your account.. send them an email

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think its my account thats screwed up though, because I've tried with several other sites, and also other accounts on 50megs.com. I have no problem with the FTP to my ISP, but they only gave me 10 megs to screw with :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts