DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an FTP site that has a couple folders in it.

One folder has permissions just for myself, while another has permissions for usernames I give out to friends for downloading stuff.

I wanted to stick a shortcut to the "wwwroot" folder in the folder that only I have permissions to so I can upload stuff to my http site while I'm at work.

I stuck a shortcut in the folder, but when I got to work...I clicked on it and it didn't work. (page not found error).

How can I get around my computer through my FTP site? Shortcuts don't seem to work??

Help?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The URL format is:

ftp://username:[email protected]

OR:
1. You can leave out the username:password, and it will assume it is an anonymous connection.
2. You can leave out the :password, and it will prompt you for a password.

You should be able to create a shorcut with that address.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if I made myself clear on that, sorry.

I'm not looking for a shortcut for the FTP site, I'm looking for a portal to other drives folders through my FTP site.

For instance, let's say my FTP folder is on the F: Drive. Can I put a shortcut to my C: Drive in that folder and have access to my C: Drive through my FTP site now? I tried putting a shortcut in the FTP folder, but when I tried accessing it through my work computer, the shortcut wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think I see what you're saying.

You can't use a shortcut to provide access to a different folder/location.

You'll need to reconfigure your FTP server to provide access to the additional drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts