DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guy's know if "Lucas" gas treatment will damage anything in the Intrepids fuel system? I know a guy who has a 96 3.3 and uses it every 4 gas tank fill up! He claims his car runs better and gets way better gas mileage? If anyone has any input please let me know.

Thanks...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Raven, I just dumped it in with a full tank of gas, I guess I'll wait and see if I notice any changes.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I can't say whether it works or not... but I have put it in after every oil change, since I bought the car..... I trust it is keeping the fuel delivery system clean, my brothers swear by it so I use it too. only like $3.99 for a bottle, so it doesn't break the bank

Reactions: Wildman

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I've used Lucas in my gas tank, as well as Seafoam in the tank, and a number of other gas additives and have never noticed any changes from any of them.

Reactions: Wildman

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Actually, there has been one product that I've used in the tank that has produced results, other than dry gas. I had a '89 Chevy pickup that from time to time would have symptoms that pointed to sticking valves. To cure it, and it worked everytime, I took my dad's advice and used Marvel Mystery oil in the tank. He used it to free up a stuck valve on his snowblower and it worked like a charm. And he's sworn by the stufff for many years before that also.

But other than that, I've tried Lucas, Redline, STP and countless other additives in the gas. Even the Seafoam I've run thru the tank and hadn't really seen much results, or at least anything to indicate they did anything than lighten my wallet. I did the Redline on a Mercury Sable I had and my mileage went down immediately. And the Redline was the only thing I could tie it to. There wasn't anything different with the car or the weather or anything else at the time that I could factor in as causing a drop in mileage.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The dealership I work at has been selling Lucas & Penray products for over 10 years & I don't recall any complaints by our customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts