DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice board, guys....

I bought Dad's '95 ES 3.5 when he got his PT last week. This thing is in pretty good shape inside and out with 108,000 miles.

Anyway, I can smell fuel fumes with that car running and for a short time after I shut it down. I'm pretty handy with cars, but I can't find anywhere where the fuel can be coming from.

I check the injectors, around where I think the fuel rail is and looked around the engine bay for anything that looked wet - found nothing!
My next thought was the the exhuast may be blown out somewhere, but I haven't crawled around under there to look yet.

btw, this thing is getting some TERRIBLE fuel milage... like about 90 miles on 1/2 tank... Is that normal? hope not!

I'm just hoping I don't have to pull the plenum off... :rolleyes:

thanks,
MopeES

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, guys, thanks for the insight. It was suggested to me earlier that I check into the fuel rail recall, but not about the charcoal canister.

NCBrit,
I cannot see any fuel leaking from around any of the injectors themselves.

Si,
Is there a port on the fuel rail where I can hook up a pressure guage?

Warlord187,
I thought about the old match trick but the wife wants me to sign some paper that says I want 2,000,000 worth of life insurance before she shows me where she hid the matches...LOL!

I guess maybe I should get me a manual on this thing, eh?

thanks,
Mope

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NCBrit,

Thanks for the heads-up on the schematic. The picture looks pretty good from this end.

btw, What book did you get, Haynes, Chilton?

I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow afternoon and let you guys know what I come up with.

thanks,
Mope

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the picture, NCBrit.. But I already managed to find the test port.

Anyway, it's been raining here so I haven't been able to do anymore looking for myself.

I'm starting to think that what I'm smelling may have something to do with the catalitic converter...hmmmm.

thanks,
Mope

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.