DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 93 concorde with the 3.3. I am looking for the length and daimeter of the fuel line forward of the filter as I need to replace it. Or, I am looking for a direct fit replacement either or. Currently, I know that it is one piece, and it's rusted, near the breaking point. The dealership had no clue, at least over the phone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I have the fuel line size. But now for a dumb question. How do I attach the new fuel filter to a new line? The line is like this one. I also have two quick disconnect fittings. But how do I attach the filter to the line. Any input or a link to a how to would be appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's brake line....

What you're look for is fuel line. You could replace the solid line with regular fuel injection hose all the way to the front but it might be a little costly. But if you do decide to replace all of the solid line get STAINLESS or else the next time you get under the car a nasty suprise will be awaiting you. And for the fuel filter, get an aftermarket one with the same diameter inlet and outlet nipple as the hose that you'll be running. That is assuming that your fuel filter doesnt have nipples on it? Im pretty sure it does, but if it doesnt, thats always an alternative.

And you dont NEED to use quick dc fittings, you could've just slipped the hose over the soild line or the filter and slid on some FI clamps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The filter that I have can be found here.. I got the "fuel line" from an ac delco warehouse in my area. I guess they gave my the wrong line...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ah that fuel filter is fine, just slide a piece of rubber FI hose over one end and attatch onto the solid line. Do the same to the other side and you're done. What you MIGHT need to do is get some stainless steel line and a bender, then bend it to your application. Take out the old line, put in the new, re attatch everything and you're basically done.

Heres a basic pic i did in paint. I know its only for the supply line but you can use the same concept with the return line as well.

There is a rubber line (thick line) going from your fuel tank to your solid line (thin line). You should replace this, chances are that its cracked and soft. If you need to, cut the solid line as close to the rubber line as possible to get the rubber line off. Then replace it with rubber FI hose (MAKE SURE THE HOSE IS RATED ABOVE 500PSI, IF NOT YOU GOT THE WRONG HOSE!)

Now you can start bending your solid line just like the old rusted out one. Once you get to the fuel filter make sure you leave enough room for the rubber fi hose to slip over the solid line AND over the fuel filter. Do that for both ends. Then run solid line all the way back up to the front.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I have been busy lately, and now I am broke. So replacing the line and filter will have to wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts