DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't posted much, but always know where to come when I need some info.
to help me out.
Problem is just got back from vacation (1200 trip), notice my 1999 2.7 trep (80,000 miles)is having hard starts in the morning, cranking 2-3 times and sounds like it is going to backfire before it catches and starts. Isn't a problem if I turn it off and restart or even after it sits at work. just seems to be the longer duration overnight. Is my fuel pump losing pressure? or is it even related to the pump?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Retrieve problem codes by turning the key on and off three times.Look at the odometer
and tell us the numbers--Pxxxx
We can go from there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had problems with the code retrieval, with is weird because I have done it in the past with no problems. I went back and read the post on how to do it, finally did it in nuetral (not the way I use to do it) and got a very quick done the 1/10th of second thing.
So I guess no codes to give?. I have been hearing a bird like chirp when the car first starts but quickly goes away, for the last 2 years from the rear when I first start the car, a friend said it is probally the pump going out.
I am going back down to NC to the beach again on July 1st and am very concerned about this, does it sound like a pump problem even without codes? Should I just go and replace it ( I have a friend that says he would help so it is more or less just part money).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually live about 1/4 mile from the fair grounds (up past the cave bar), I do have vendor pass's for the show, but I don't get back to the 8th so I probally won't use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts