DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ripped the o-ring that goes from the fuel supply into the fuel rail. Dodge says they don't sell the o-rings seperately and that I can buy a whole new fuel rail instead. Not for $300.00!!!!

Around town the only o-rings I can find are made of Neopren. The o-ring size is -108.

Does any one know what the blue o-ring material is that Dodge uses?

I had to order 50 o-rings from McMaster. I order Viton since it will hold up against gasoline.

Any ideas? I was told by several people that the blue material that Dodge uses is a heat/gas resistant material.

Thanks.
Hardwarz

·
Registered
144 Posts
"Recall 98V184000: Fuel Rail/Injector O-Rings Leak...........
.......Dealers will replace the nitrile rubber O-rings in the fuel rail with fluorocarbon O-rings. If the fuel injector O-rings leak after pressure testing, the injector O-rings will be replaced as well....."

That help at all?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks Good

Looks like I did good then. I orderd Viton o-rings.

This is from the McMaster website:

Viton (fluorocarbon) O-rings offer a wide spectrum of chemical compatibility and temperature-range adaptability. Use with petroleum products, diester lubricants, silicone fluids, solvents, and acids (except fuming nitric). They have good resistance to taking a set after compression, and low gas permeability. Great for hard vacuum service. Not for use with acetates, methyl alcohol, ketones, brake fluids, hot water, or steam. Durometer is Shore A: 75; temperature range is -31° to +400°F (except metric sizes, which have a temperature range of -15° to +400°F). Inch sizes meet ASTM D2000 MGHK810A1-10B38EF31Z1.

Ok, so what am I going to do with the other 49 o-rings?

Hardwarz

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can buy the recall kit for like $30.
Comes with all the o-rings for the fuel rail.
The injector o-rings come in another kit I don't remember
what that cost.
p/n 05069022aa rail kit
p/n 0514076aa inj. kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.