DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel rail #1 and #3 injectors are leaking i dont know how nor want brake this casing around the injectors.

is it easy to pop apart?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,687 Posts
If the injectors are leaking, you replace them. They are not repairable. If the o-rings are leaking where the injector mounts into the fuel rail, the o-rings are replaceable. The plenum has to come off, then its not to difficult to carefully pry the injector rail out and replace injectors or o-rings, after disconnecting the bolts and fuel line. Dont recommend messing with it if you are unsure. Putting it back together wrong and running it could cause running problems, or worse, a fire.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive had the fuel rail off and out i replaced the fuel rail gasket

i just dont know how to get to the injectors. i need to replace the o rings

·
Registered
7 Posts
After you take the fuel rail off the injectors just pry off. be sure to add a little motor oil to the o-rings when you replace them

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

the fuel rail was bad i replaced it my self with a junkyard rail.

so i used my injectors with new o rings. i know have no leaks, but when it gets to operating temp i get horrible misfire. remedy is diconnnect batt.

retarting will not fix misfire

i broke nothing changing. new o-rings and gasket

when i disconnect the injector connectors the idle twitchs so i know all 6 are firing

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,687 Posts
Check your spark plugs and coil packs. Rust can form between the coil packs and spark plug terminals, and cause a misfire too. You may also still have a bad injector.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seams to do it after racing the motor.

i think i know witch one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts