DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Fuel Rail recall

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Lafrad 
#1 ·
well, the appointment is made to get the o-rings on the fuel rails done. decided to goto the dodge dealer and check up on my car. Their mouths just about dropped when I told them the miles, but the recall is good until 100k, so, we shall see.
Also will see if they find any other problems that they want to gouge me for. :

#2 ·
Dont let them boss you around with what they "THINK" needs fixing, I am VERY lucky to have a good trust relationship with my dealer, he knows me pretty well and I only
take it in when I either havent got the time or it would be easier to do with those huge ass car lifts.. Actually I had a voucher come through the door which entitles me to a free oil change and a `look over` to see whats wrong with my car from my dealer, dont think he will make money on the latter though..

heh.

#3 ·
I'm in the same boat. normally I use petty things like this recall to let them diagnose any other problems, and then drive off and fix them myself. Saves me the $40-80 inspection fee. :D
Thanks for the advice Si!
I also had them look um all the warrenty info.. everything is expired due to high miles except for a.. puncture or penetration.. something like that... 80mo/100k miles. what does that mean?
Thanks,
Laf

#6 ·
yea. A/C is one of them. :| that warrenty is 7 yr/ 70k mi. completely paid for by dodge. so any of you with A/C problems, get it done ASAP

#7 ·
WARRANTY??!!! I've been to Bill Snethkamp's Dodge in Lansing and one in Jackson, I forget his name, and they said there was no recall on the AC. Mines been down, the compressor does not seem to be engaging, pressure of system checks ok. 66,000 miles. I need some help on this one guys cause I may burn 4000 more miles quickly, :D

#8 ·
ask them for a vehicle information plus summary report.
the sheet tells ya all the vitals on the car, from the warrenties purchased on the start of the vehicle, service history (last 24 mo) warranty coverage summary, recall history........ stuff like that.
I Think they need your VIN to look it up.

#9 ·
Dooley... a local lad! :) Didnt think you where that close to home (GR boy here)

There is a TSB out for something you mentioned though, click
here I hope it has some relivance.

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

#10 ·
had a similar problem with my A/C system. The TSB is correct. Replace the a/c pressure sensor, it's right up front best seen from underneath. Don't worry, there's a valve inside there that will stop the freon from escaping when you remove the valve. Been cold enough to hang meat since I changed it! The compressor won't turn on if it 'thinks' there's no freon in the system, or, if there's too much. Do yourself a favor though, get the dealer part don't play around with aftermarket stuff.

#11 ·
Oh and if you are caught monkeying with a/c without a certification it is only like a 10,000 dollar fine

#13 ·
only in WI is it illegal to play with the R134A systems. all 49 other states it is legal to work on your own R134A A/C systems.

#16 ·
Hey Silver.. where did you get the pressure sensor from? the dealer? if so that would be great... not many parts stores in my area at all... (Help me out Mopar4U... you are only 30 miles away... :) )

#18 ·
Thanks man. I shot out there at 11:45 today... THEY ARE CLOSED. 'we wanted to give our guys a nice labor day weekend, so we closed everything but the sales dept'. GEEZE. EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THIS HOLE OF A TOWN IS OPEN TODAY. ok. my rage is subsiding. anyway, I noticed today that I am getting terrible gas mileage, gotta start driving nicer I guess..... wait.... 24 valves? 214 hp? no, I was mistaken. 10 mpg! here we come!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.