DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy im trying to see if i can save some gas like everybody else i saw that chip, the tornado that you put in the pipe, and also some kind of clamp that you put in the gas line but my question does this really work? have you guys used any of this things? thank in advance

·
Registered
250 Posts
hey guy im trying to see if i can save some gas like everybody else i saw that chip, the tornado that you put in the pipe, and also some kind of clamp that you put in the gas line but my question does this really work? have you guys used any of this things? thank in advance
well as far as i know the tornado isnt a chip just something that goes in your air intake i dont have one but iv talked to alot of people that do none of them say it robs your gas milage most of them say i gives you more more or it stays the same or it does a little bit of both all depends on what motor you have so best thing is to do is just give it a shot try it out and as for the clamp on the gas line iv never herd of it

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
The Fuel Saver you speak of is a pair of magnet that get ziptied to your fuel line... supposedly the 'strong' magnetic field that it creats is enough to break up the fuel particle for a more even burn... sound like it MIGHT work if it is a REALLY strong magnetic field (like, the kinda electromagnet you see at the scrap yard on the big crane), but I doubt that the little one on that fuel device do any good at all.

As for the tornado, intereting theory, but I doubt that causing a distrubance to the air will create a better flow of air in the intake... Most guys want the most freely flowing intake they can get with the straightest shot of air for the best flow... and the easiest energy will be the energy that uses the least amount of gas... so to me, the Turbo will rob you of fuel milage...

As for the chip, it will NOT be the simple magic that it claims to be for a real and long term result.

Now, that all being said, if anyone has any documented proof that any of this work, PLEASE POST!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
They call them rare earth magnets ..a buddy of mine got them didn't see adifference but they did make a small difference on a diesel vechile!

I put a open air cone filter on my cars(3.5) and got 1 mpg extra, removed the rear rez from the concord and it helped as well(if only in noise)!

A vacume guage would be the most reveling thing you could add to show the bad habits!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts