DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our '01 es intreped has a bad fuel smell inside & out. I dont see any leaks. Had all the hoses replaced, doped gas tank & replaced that hose. Took it in for the CA.smog check, they said it smelled,did visual inspection, could not see any thing. It passed smog ck.:banghead:. The car has 103106 mi. on it. Maybe fuel canaster? fuel rail?
Can anyone help me out? PLEASE

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Did you spill gas in the car anywhere out of a can, etc? If the fuel rail, injector o-rings, and lines are all new, and not leaking, then possibly the gasket is leaking on the fuel pump canister at the tank. If you are smelling it it has to be leaking somewhere, look underneath the car from front to back for a gas leak or wet area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We found thr fuel leak. It was in the main fuel line at the abs line just below the fuel rail connection.
The fix...the whole fuel line top to tank. We had to pull the top intake off. the repair manuel I found here helped !
The Wife will now be happy and safe now !!!! No more gas smell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea, actually my check engine light comes on and stays on for about 2 or 3 days and then it goes off again.. it's strange.

·
Registered
760 Posts
use a good ol ligther,and when you see flames you got it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts