DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine seems to have disintegrated. I noticed a scraping noise today when I went out to run some errands. Is my gas tank going to fall off if this isn't attached? I will obviously replace it, but my mechanic lets me order my own parts so I try to have them shipped in to save a few bucks which will take a week or two.

On another note, I just took my 00 2.7 on a 1650km journey and was getting about 390 miles or 630kms per tank of gas on the interstates. Not bad, if I would have been doing 55mph (90-100km/h) I would have been able to hit at least 400 I think.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Mine seems to have disintegrated. I noticed a scraping noise today when I went out to run some errands. Is my gas tank going to fall off if this isn't attached? I will obviously replace it, but my mechanic lets me order my own parts so I try to have them shipped in to save a few bucks which will take a week or two.

On another note, I just took my 00 2.7 on a 1650km journey and was getting about 390 miles or 630kms per tank of gas on the interstates. Not bad, if I would have been doing 55mph (90-100km/h) I would have been able to hit at least 400 I think.
If you just have one strap left get it changed ASAP. If one went chances are the other one is not far behind. Avoid driving it. Those straps are pretty much all that keeps the tank there.

Your gas millage sounds pretty normal, that's about what I get with my 3.5l when I do all highway. Your gas millage is the best if you still around 80 or so but who's going to travel that slow. I can average 27-28mpg going 110-115km/h if I keep her steady.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you just have one strap left get it changed ASAP. If one went chances are the other one is not far behind. Avoid driving it. Those straps are pretty much all that keeps the tank there.

Your gas millage sounds pretty normal, that's about what I get with my 3.5l when I do all highway. Your gas millage is the best if you still around 80 or so but who's going to travel that slow. I can average 27-28mpg going 110-115km/h if I keep her steady.
Thanks, I'll have to get that replaced ASAP.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,842 Posts
Agree, replace both, its $30 for the pair at the dealer, and about a half hour job. Real simple, 4 13mm bolts.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
shouldn't he jack it up to make sure it doesn't fall down while working on it?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,842 Posts
shouldn't he jack it up to make sure it doesn't fall down while working on it?
If it still has one good strap the tank wont go anywhere. Should probably not do it with a full tank, then he will have to use a jack if he's got to move the tank a little. Install the one new strap, then remove and replace the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts