DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried to post street stories but the damn thing keeps timeing out

ok i was car 99 and I didnt take anything out this is my time with my stereo system and all my small tools and jack and spare tire in the trunk.....

so here are the pics and if you might have trouble reading them i will post type the nubers along with what i raced with each photo...

see car 99 notice the di sticker :)

first race after waiting in line for 2 hours..
this was against a 80-90 mustang gt 5 spd dual 40 series.
I WON!!!!!

second race was against a hatchback civic I WON AGAIN !!!!!!!!

3RD race against a 90s chevy s10 pickup
I WON AGAIN

AND NOW MY LAST RACE WAS AGAINST A NEW SRT NEON he had upgraded turbo and can i say he gave me a head start and smoked me at the end

well i have another race next friday and i will take out everything in my trunk and race.
this will show how much is effected when there is that much weight in the car.....
enjoy i will try to have a short film of me racing next time....

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
srt4s are quick .... i dunno how it would stand against a 6.1L srt8 charger HEHE... the charger would prob smoke him.

But great run. Didnt even know the trep can be that good. I mean the civic was expected but the mustang damn...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well in 2 weeks i will have all my stuff out of the trunk i mean i used90 percent of a 3/4 mdf wood for my box and some trunk setup.now add the spare tire and aftermarket jack.so that should be between 2-300 lbs that i can shave...mabey more.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i talked to the driver of the stang . also he said he was doing 15s but says his clutch was brand new. and something :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thankyou for the advice

i would have my break down and was having my engine rev about 3k and green ligh i drop .mabey next time i should clean my airfilter also.change the oil. and take all that stuff out. theres soo much weight it drops my rear end 3 inches..

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
One more thing you could do is lower your front tires PSI.......Especially if they don't put any glue on the track.......I was running mine at 20 PSI (instead of 30) With the glue on the track, my worst 60 feet was 2.44 and my best was 2.28. You should also drop it between the 2nd and 3rd yellow light (if you have that kind of "tree" on your track).....Practice makes perfect :fun_08:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry but our tree all 3 yellow lights lit up at once then went green...
but my tires require 44 psi so ill drop to 30. and im still thinking about taking out the rear seat along with all my stuff in the trunk...
but my best reaction time was .352

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Oh ok, well, keep practicing :fun_08: My best reaction time was .053 :D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Wow dude, just wow. I looked at your timeslips.........the Mustang OBVIOUSLY had problems at the starting line......cuz even though you won, check his MPH at the end.......he was going MUCH faster than you. Seriously.....he had nearly a 4 second 60' time........hell an old VW Beetle would be close to that :p

You can also tell that the SRT DID give you a head start and didn't really give it until you were past 60'......either that or his turbo didn't kick in until then, or he had some terrible wheel spin?

Honestly, your car should be able to pull a 17 flat with the 2.7........just gotta stop being lazy and remove everything :)

My 15.5 time was with my 200+lb stereo sitting in the trunk (PITA to remove)......didn't remove my seats either, prob shoulda removed both ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts