DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday a dodge ram with a hemi pulled up next to us at a light and was hitting his brakes so his truck was bouncing. My wife and I laughed at him for a few minutes and then the light turned green. The next light him and I were waiting to go and he started bouncing again. I wasnt going to floor it because he seemed like a stupid person. Well, the light turned green and I took off, he took off too because the road went into one lane. I was keeping up and starting to pull ahead a little when this car decided to turn in front of us and make a left hand turn which meant he blocked the rams path. :) The ram was pissed because he got blocked and just went into the right lane and cut a chevy off, the chevy was pissed and cut him off and they played like that for a little while. :)

The best part was the guy gave me the bird later on when I was turning into the bank :) I consider it a win with my 2.7l :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
ppfffft

im sorry man, but a Ram Hemi who was trying would totally blow you away, those things arent pushovers, that Hemi is a fast engine

·
Registered
299 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
ppfffft

im sorry man, but a Ram Hemi who was trying would totally blow you away, those things arent pushovers, that Hemi is a fast engine
lol fast engine...u mean powerfull...yes true...but that truck also weights alot more.Not to mention itsa truck its geared differently

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
He didn't mention what RAM it was. I've beaten a 2500 Quad 4x4 HEMI before (probably as slow as they come). But then again, I don't have a 2.7...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
well hey, whatever, im not usually one to even comment in the street stories section

but ive driven a 1500 quad cab shortbed hemi and that thing was frigin rediculously powerful...
i mean im not saying you are lying Lt, dont take it that way... but unless that was like a 3500 Hemi Extended cab longbed then i seriously doubt the guy was trying as hard as he could have

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well....like I said, I was keeping up with him and a car pulled in front of him and blocked him from being able to keep accelerating. I still consider it a win for the 2.7L just because I was keeping up and thats what kept him from going in front of me. Besides, look at the gearing too. A lot of 3.5L put in the 3.89 gears for a reason. Its because of the quick launch. Thats okay though....hate the 2.7L I dont care.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'll add my input here fella's. As the owner of a hemi ram quad cab 4X4.

The truck is powerful, but not really all that fast, it is heavy as hell and geared for pulling/ towing. My 3.5L first gen is deffanatley faster, maybe not much but it is.

And I also killed a 2500 hemi ram with my trep, I mean I had serious distance on him.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know you have the 3.5L K-nash but at least someone else can back it up a little. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts