DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know who builds a good one? And is there a good one you can get cheap on the Net? Thanks SPOOK R/T.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Valentine One is supposed to have a nice one. They will also pay for the first ticket you get(up to $300 or something). I still think that radar detectors used on highways/interstates are worthless. Most highway patrols now use laser and the detector can't pick up the laser until it gets hit. By that time your done unless the cop moves some, then the reading will come back as an error. If you are doing mostly highway driving, go buy a small CB radio. The truckers are always pointing out where the speed traps are. In cities, I would use the radar detector. I still see most departments using radar and the X band usually can warn me of it. It has saved my butt a few times. Anyway, this is getting long, I own a Cobra and think it works in the city. I don't even use it on the highways. So if you want to spend some money get the Valentine One, if not go with a Cobra. Try this:Motortrend
Hopefully it helps.

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: gaewsky1 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts