DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Part # is 4792256 Just a little info for people that have installed the K&N FIPK with a 3.2/3,5L and even the people with stock intakes. I installed the K&N about 3 weeks ago and everything went smoothly. I noticed the stock PCV vent hose on the passengers side of the engine had a somewhat radical bend in it when I put it on the K&N main intake tube. This is not the PCV hose at the back of the upper intake that's directly on the PCV valve. Things went well for a few weeks and then when I checked under the hood on my weekly survey I found the hose was off the engine completely. It had split at the end and could've been sucking dirt for up to 6 days!! Called around to a few parts stores for a hose that's about 7/16" I.D. (original)and found one that said they could get it if you ordered 30 feet at a $1 /foot.
Getting desperate I called the dealer and they said no problem have it tomorrow..costs $3.25. I ordered two...one for backup. Installed the new one with hose clamps at both ends just in case. An interesting observation is that the hose split at the end where there wasn't side force deflection(Valve Cover) the radical bend with side force was intact at the K&N. It's a molded shaped hose and was probably weak from 3+ years of use. My point is you don't want this to happen to you and suck dirt into the engine. Part # is 4792256. Picture is below. I don't normally mess around under the hood but in this instance after the mod I'm glad I checked. The Valve cover was open to whatever dirt was swirling around. Just an FYI and sorry to take up so much time. :work:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Thanks!! I'll keep that in mind when I install mine.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a few pics of before and after. The stock setup with the hose location is shown below.

Here's what it currently looks like with the new hose and clamps. The bend is pretty sharp. Once again..may not be of use to many but it might save someone from sucking dirt into their engine.

·
Registered
603 Posts
on the 2.7l why not just get the filter that fits on there instead of the hose? I had asked this sometime ago and never got a response. I dont mean to hijack, just a quesiton.

·
Registered
565 Posts
LT.Almond said:
on the 2.7l why not just get the filter that fits on there instead of the hose? I had asked this sometime ago and never got a response. I dont mean to hijack, just a quesiton.
For me having that plastic nipple thing on the intake sticking out with nothing connected to it looks ugly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts