DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

G-Tec Performance Meters?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Ravin 
#1 ·
Anyone have, seen, considered, or know anything about these? I'm pretty interested in getting one, it'd be kinda like having your own little dynometer. Except I'm sure it measures crank horsies but still. You can tell what you get from doing different things. To me I'd love this cuz I like to tinker and tune my car and it'd be nice to see actual results rather than my ass-o-meter telling me what I gained.

#2 ·
I have one in my car, they are really useful and can compute estimated horse power and q/m times. You just input the car weight and slam the gas when the g-tech tells u too.

although good for estimates and comparisans.... the gtech is always off a little. dynos and track slips are always more accurate.

#3 ·
Yah, I know it's gonna be off a bit.....but it's a whole lot better than nothing. I heard 1/10 of a second inaccuracies on times and accurate to 1hp? Dunno if it's really true or not but even if it is remotely that close I think it'd be worth having.

#5 ·
If you set it up right and your on a level road they are pretty accurate. The thing with them is when you floor the gas the car tilts backwards and all the trouble you went to setting it up goes out the window.

#6 ·
I ran my G-tech the same time i ran the 1/4 mile in Milan and it was very close. If my memory serves me right, it measures at-the-wheel-hp. It has to b/c it's reading all the info as you're driving. Not like a dyno that gives you just the motor. They are worth the money for sure. The new ones look cool too. A little more $$, but might be worth it. You can also set it up to tell you the G's your pulling in turns and during breaking/acceleration.

#9 ·
Geeez you think? I doubt that wing and stripes helped you gain a whole second plus in the 1/4 mile. How much NAAWWWWSSSS are you running?

#11 ·
Installation is simple: stick suction cup base to windshield, plug into cigarette lighter, go. The only thing about these is that you have to have the correct weight of the car to get accurate readings. That's probably what's throwing off your time Night, i think i enter mine at about 4000lbs and it's pretty accurate. If you read the instructions it tells you where to find the weight and how much to subtract for each person not in the car. I think the average is 180lbs. for each person inside. I'll pull my instructions this weekend and check. Overall, they're pretty accurate and fun to have. Cool to see the g's moving around as you drive.

#15 ·
with the first seares all u do is plug it in and go u dont have to put in anything. used one a couple weeks ago and mine ran 16.24 @90.3. the road was kind of a lil hilly too. but i will fined out this weekend when i go to the track and tell you how close mine is. should be faster i am going to find a way to make an intake frobly just use the honda on its just as ez. but will post the 1/4 mile runs when i get them might just scan the time slips.

#16 ·
For anyone looking for a place to weigh in, look for a truck stop with a sign for CAT certified scales.

#17 ·
Who really cares how accurate it is compared to the real 1/4 mile.
Use it for testing purposes against itself. Don't bother comparing track numbers to G tech numbers.
G tech is handy for. Test on a safe section of road. Repeating couldn't hurt for accuracy reasons. Do your modification. Test again on the same section of road. Compared numbers before and after.

#18 ·
jfsram said:
Who really cares how accurate it is compared to the real 1/4 mile.
Use it for testing purposes against itself. Don't bother comparing track numbers to G tech numbers.
G tech is handy for. Test on a safe section of road. Repeating couldn't hurt for accuracy reasons. Do your modification. Test again on the same section of road. Compared numbers before and after.
bingo......i have to take my gtech out this weekend and see what i run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.