DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gardidien's 2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT - Pictures Added!

2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT
3.5L HO
Base Model - No extras all around
96,738 Miles

When I first got her:

Taken 12/07/11 - Just cleaned her up

New Tires!

Previous owner hit her mail box. Not very visible from afar.

Close up of the loss of clear coat on the spoiler

Need to remove the dealer branding here!

Road rash on the head lights. I tried cleaning / polishing but it's almost like really tiny cracks in the plastic

Roadrash on the Fogs - PIAA Crystal Ion H3 bulbs installed

Road Rash on the hood from the highway miles. I removed the emblem as it was rotted away.

Sound Upgrades

Kenwood KDC-HD545U Receiver
Kenwood Kfc-P709Ps 6.5-Inch 280-Watt Performance Series Component System (Front)
Infinity Reference 9633cf 6 x 9-Inch, 300-Watt High Peformance 3-Way Loudspeaker (Back)
Infinity BassLink 200 Watt Powered 10" Subwoofer (Trunk)

Maintenance / Upgrades
Goodyear Assurance ComforTred 80K Tires

Other Mods

PIAA 13556 H3 Style Plasma Ion Crystal Yellow Bulbs in Fogs
- Before and After Shots

Upcoming Mods
EVIC
Auto Dim Mirror
HID Lows

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I definitely will! The original owner kept the interior very clean. She was a flight attendant and most of the miles on her are high way. She'd drive from home to the air port, she'd sit there for a few days and then she'd drive home. Still had the original tires on the front when I got her with 96K miles on them!

It's starting to get cold and snow will be on the ground soon so I plan on really cleaning her up and getting some pictures when the weather gets warm!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Pretty, pretty! :) I normally don't care for spoilers, but it looks great on your black car! Are you planning on tinting the windows or leaving them untinted? I want mine tinted but keep putting it off, lol. But I'm a fan of an all blacked out look.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty, pretty! :) I normally don't care for spoilers, but it looks great on your black car! Are you planning on tinting the windows or leaving them untinted? I want mine tinted but keep putting it off, lol. But I'm a fan of an all blacked out look.
Thanks! the spoiler looks good but it needs to be painted; I'm losing a lot of the clear coat. I thought about tinting the windows but there's a town around here that I drive though daily that has very strict laws on window tints. I'd basically only be able to tint the rear and back windows. The fronts would have to be completely clear.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Oh I definitely will! The original owner kept the interior very clean. She was a flight attendant and most of the miles on her are high way. She'd drive from home to the air port, she'd sit there for a few days and then she'd drive home. Still had the original tires on the front when I got her with 96K miles on them!

It's starting to get cold and snow will be on the ground soon so I plan on really cleaning her up and getting some pictures when the weather gets warm!
Wow now that's a great find!

sorry to hear about the tint thing, I couldn't imagine having to drive without it..ESPECIALLY living in FL. Our tint laws are pretty lenient so I'm happy for that. Also love the fact that we don't require to have front plates :sneaky2:

Oh and also no snow! :moon2: :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good. Makes me miss my black trep.

You should post more pics.
Nice... more pics please!
Wow now that's a great find!

sorry to hear about the tint thing, I couldn't imagine having to drive without it..ESPECIALLY living in FL. Our tint laws are pretty lenient so I'm happy for that. Also love the fact that we don't require to have front plates :sneaky2:

Oh and also no snow! :moon2: :D

I've added some pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure! The camera on my phone doesn't do it justice and I was loosing light so they're kind of grainy. These will do for now until spring!

I'm afraid to remove the front plate holder and see what the bumper looks like underneath it. At the very least I'd have hols there. Damn Illinois and their double license plates!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow - that's a clear car! I wish I had the darker colored carpet in mine. Mine is... er... was a light gray, lol. You should come detail mine next hahaha. I wanted a second generation Intrepid and ended up buying my first generation. *sigh* Your car makes me wish I waited a bit longer!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow - that's a clear car! I wish I had the darker colored carpet in mine. Mine is... er... was a light gray, lol. You should come detail mine next hahaha. I wanted a second generation Intrepid and ended up buying my first generation. *sigh* Your car makes me wish I waited a bit longer!!
Thanks! I can't take all the credit; the first owner kept it pretty clean. I love the 2nd Gen, but I also loved my 93 that I had before this! Nothing better than a 10 year upgrade though!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yesterday my check engine light came on after doing some highway driving. When I got home, I did the key dance and pulled code P0344. The light was on all yesterday and was off this morning and while I drove to the dealership for the sensor. I replaced the camshaft position sensor today just in case. $62 from the dealership. I also did the PCV valve. The old one still rattled but it felt gummy. The replacement really rattled so I hope that helps with things.

Old vs. New

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LEDs from V-LEDs came in today. I got the 60 LED 5K Switchback that go A-O when the turn signal is activated. I gotta say it's still more blue than I like but isn't terrible. I do have hyper flashing but I bought some resistors from Radioshack and will put those in when my HID lights come in from DDM Tuning.

One problem I'm having though. Earlier on I mentioned I have voltage drops when I unlock the doors, roll down the window, and hit my gas peddle. Also have really bad dimming when my modest 200W all in one Infinity Basslink sub is on. Well when I was driving today, I noted that the white will go off completely for a split second when I hit my breaks. I haven't tested it further but its a very annoying problem.

Front View of Install:

After and Before:

Also added a little bling

·
Registered
311 Posts
I like'em! The front view picture, they look pretty clear to me. The second shot, I can see the blue hue it gives. Still think it looks nice! The new lights can definitely give a car an updated feel. :D Are you going to do anything with the foglights?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like'em! The front view picture, they look pretty clear to me. The second shot, I can see the blue hue it gives. Still think it looks nice! The new lights can definitely give a car an updated feel. :D Are you going to do anything with the foglights?
Yea i think it's my camera phone doing that lol. It's not as white as it is in the first picture and not as blue, but still a bit more blue than my liking. The foglights are stock but I did put in PIAA Crystal ION Yellow fog lights. I wanted the yellow for better visibility in inclement weather.

That's a good looking car. Nice work!
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts