DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday for the first time I let my car's gas gauge go below a quarter tank (just got it about a month ago), and I ran out of gas with the needle just above the orange zone (a litle less than a quarter tank).

I've never seen a car's gas gauge be so far off (at least in that direction). Is there any way to adjust it?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Well, you probabally have a bad fuel level sending unit. I let my car run low once and even before the fuel light come on (but it was at 1/8 tank) it lost power and died. Had it towed to the dealer because I had no idea what was wrong and they told me it was just out of gas. I replaced the sending unit myself, the part (at the time) cost $70-$80, I can't remember now how much it was, this was like two years ago.

J

·
0 Posts
Ya, just get the whole Fuel Pump assembly replaced. It comes with all the thingamajigs and shinannegan-bob-jimmaazz!

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah i had that once to said 1/4 tank and doa on road thank god for AAA towing service lol. man i was embarassed.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The only time I have ever caleld AAA was when my tempo's ALT died. Tryed to get home died 20 streets from my house. I could have pushed it by the time the tow truck got to the car. but it was 5 am and I didnt want to do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts