DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm coming back from lunch to work and BAM there is that little gold gas light telling me- yo!, you dont wanna walk do ya?

I reach for my wallet- not there, then i realize its on my tv at home.

I reach for my cash- crap just spent my last 5.00 on hotdogs for lunch

I have a 20 mile trek home- mostly interstate. Am I good, or should I start walkin now?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would expect that you should be fine...just don't have a heavy foot, I believe that when the light comes on you have about 2 gallons of fuel left. GOOD LUCK !

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
OscarTheGrouch said:
Ok, so I'm coming back from lunch to work and BAM there is that little gold gas light telling me- yo!, you dont wanna walk do ya?

I reach for my wallet- not there, then i realize its on my tv at home.

I reach for my cash- crap just spent my last 5.00 on hotdogs for lunch

I have a 20 mile trek home- mostly interstate. Am I good, or should I start walkin now?
I know once my light comes on, I have a good 3.5 gal or 85 miles until I run dry!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
85 miles?? dang, that would last me the rest of the week...

In my explorer i knew once the light came on i could go about another 20 miles give or take a little. I figured I would be good, but I didnt want to take my chances.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
OscarTheGrouch said:
85 miles?? dang, that would last me the rest of the week...

In my explorer i knew once the light came on i could go about another 20 miles give or take a little. I figured I would be good, but I didnt want to take my chances.
Yeah, talk about an early advance warning! :bouncer:

Not quite the 115 that I travel in a day though...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IntrepidBus IV said:
Yeah, talk about an early advance warning! :bouncer:

Not quite the 115 that I travel in a day though...
ouch 115 a day? nah.. im running about 45 miles a day on average. but if i have to run home for anything, that obviously doubles.. everything is spread out here in the south, so doing 100 miles a day really isnt a big deal if you are running around, but thats not every day.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
OscarTheGrouch said:
ouch 115 a day? nah.. im running about 45 miles a day on average. but if i have to run home for anything, that obviously doubles.. everything is spread out here in the south, so doing 100 miles a day really isnt a big deal if you are running around, but thats not every day.
No good jobs where I live... have to travel to the other side of the city... sucks ass filling up 2X per week, but the low property taxes where I'm at pretty much offset it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouch. i cant believe there aren't that many good jobs in pitt?

move south, its all cheaper here.

speaking of gas, what about E85, am i good to run that or not a good idea?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
OscarTheGrouch said:
ouch. i cant believe there aren't that many good jobs in pitt?

move south, its all cheaper here.

speaking of gas, what about E85, am i good to run that or not a good idea?
Good jobs are around, but in my scenario I live 30 miles south of the city and work 10 miles north of it and the drive is kind of U-shaped, making for a 50 mile commute, but it only takes 42-50 minutes usually... been traveling it since 1998.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I believe the gas light comes on at 1/8th of a tank.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well,I made it home and to the Exxon station. Put in exactly 14.9 gallons.

I went 190 miles on just over the 1/2 tank I brought it home with.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Apparently I can travel about 60 miles after DTE says 0.

I don't wanna try it though, but I've never really been able to even come close to filling the entire tank when it says empty.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
8845int said:
your car uses a buttload more gas when it is below 1/4 tank. i fill up before i hit 1/4, and it still costs $35
yes...please elaborate...if there were in fact any difference it would be better mpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts