DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just interested in what everybody is getting for miles per gallon.... when i baby my car i get about eighteen and that still sucks with gas over three dollars per gallon.... post milage please

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Im usually averaging about 18-19 combined, but then again I have a 3.5HO, you should be getting a little better mileage with that 3.2.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Im usually averaging about 18-19 combined, but then again I have a 3.5HO, you should be getting a little better mileage with that 3.2.
To be honest my 3.2 in the Intrepid and the 3.5 HO in the M really get almost identical MPG, only difference is that I used to run 87 octane in the Intrepid and use 93 in the M so in reality it still ends up costing me more in the long run

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'm surprised that the Intrepid R/T and the 300M get about the same (or worse in some cases) as my Magnum SXT with the 3.5 .... I have actually gotten between 26 to 27 mpg with the cruise on and keeping it under 65 mph. City/Hwy combined I get about 21 mpg avg. Highway driving about 25 mpg avg. I use the recommended 89 octane. So what gives? The Magnum is about 500 lbs heavier and not nearly as aerodynamic as the LH's. I notice the LX's have a redesigned intake (and it's about as ugly as all get out) as compared to the LH's. Could it be that it is more efficient? Or does the transmission on the LH's eat more power? Now my 2.7 Trep used to get up to 31 mpg hwy if I took it real easy.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just got back from a trip. Mostly hi-way. 27 MPG, Portland Oregon to Pendelton Oregon, and back. Running 65 to 70 most of the way.

·
Registered
739 Posts
High 20's highway, mid-high teens city. It varies, really.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I'm surprised that the Intrepid R/T and the 300M get about the same (or worse in some cases) as my Magnum SXT with the 3.5 .... I have actually gotten between 26 to 27 mpg with the cruise on and keeping it under 65 mph. City/Hwy combined I get about 21 mpg avg. Highway driving about 25 mpg avg. I use the recommended 89 octane. So what gives? The Magnum is about 500 lbs heavier and not nearly as aerodynamic as the LH's. I notice the LX's have a redesigned intake (and it's about as ugly as all get out) as compared to the LH's. Could it be that it is more efficient? Or does the transmission on the LH's eat more power? Now my 2.7 Trep used to get up to 31 mpg hwy if I took it real easy.
The new 3.5s are definately more efficient. A friend of mine bought an 08 Charger SXT with the 3.5 and he gets 30-35 mpg on the highway, however while he is getting great mileage, he's also given up power, pretty guttless in comparison to the Treps. I guess that's the price that is paid for fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The new 3.5s are definately more efficient. A friend of mine bought an 08 Charger SXT with the 3.5 and he gets 30-35 mpg on the highway, however while he is getting great mileage, he's also given up power, pretty guttless in comparison to the Treps. I guess that's the price that is paid for fuel economy.
No way in the world he is getting that kind of mileage. That's better than alot of economy 4 bangers. None of the Lx's will break 30 mpg unless they are rolling down a mountain top. The LX's are heavy cars. My Magnum weighs about 3900 lbs. I think the Charger and 300 is very close Maybe about 100 lbs less.

Gutless, how? The 3.5 in my Magnum cranks out 250 hp. The Intrepid R/T 's 3.5 puts out 244 hp.

From Car and driver:

Intrepid R/T: 0-60 mph 7.8 secs
1/4 mile 16.0 @ 89 mph
Top Speed 139 mph

Magnum SXT 0-60 mph 7.5 secs
1/4 mile 15.8 @ 89 mph
Top speed 117 mph (limiter) 131 mph (police units)

The Magnum/LX's have 6 more horse and I don't think the transmission eats as much power off the get go, but in a straight line race with enough distance, the Intrepid would probably catch up and pass the LX sometime after 100 mph because of the aerodynamics. Handling on the LH's is better. Lower to the ground, lighter overall. (my Magnum doesn't have a rear sway bar). Wasn't trying to start a piss*** match or put down Intrepids. I had one for 5 years and loved it. Just was wondering how the gas mileage could be so similar when the LX's are heavier and less aerodynamic, that's all.

links:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...es_tested_by_c_d/dodge_intrepid_r_t_road_test

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._haulers/2005_dodge_magnum_first_drive_review

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Just filled up. I am surprised that I am getting 26mpg on the original O2 sensors!!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have had my 99 ES with a 3.2 for a little over a year and have let OTIS average the entire time. Good mix of highway and city at 24.7. When I had the LHS with a 3.5 my average was around 22.5, as I recall.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
No way in the world he is getting that kind of mileage. That's better than alot of economy 4 bangers. None of the Lx's will break 30 mpg unless they are rolling down a mountain top. The LX's are heavy cars. My Magnum weighs about 3900 lbs. I think the Charger and 300 is very close Maybe about 100 lbs less.

Gutless, how? The 3.5 in my Magnum cranks out 250 hp. The Intrepid R/T 's 3.5 puts out 244 hp.

From Car and driver:

Intrepid R/T: 0-60 mph 7.8 secs
1/4 mile 16.0 @ 89 mph
Top Speed 139 mph

Magnum SXT 0-60 mph 7.5 secs
1/4 mile 15.8 @ 89 mph
Top speed 117 mph (limiter) 131 mph (police units)

The Magnum/LX's have 6 more horse and I don't think the transmission eats as much power off the get go, but in a straight line race with enough distance, the Intrepid would probably catch up and pass the LX sometime after 100 mph because of the aerodynamics. Handling on the LH's is better. Lower to the ground, lighter overall. (my Magnum doesn't have a rear sway bar). Wasn't trying to start a piss*** match or put down Intrepids. I had one for 5 years and loved it. Just was wondering how the gas mileage could be so similar when the LX's are heavier and less aerodynamic, that's all.

links:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...es_tested_by_c_d/dodge_intrepid_r_t_road_test

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._haulers/2005_dodge_magnum_first_drive_review
6 horses vs...what is the weight difference between the Trep and the magnum?
Don't get me wrong, I talked him into getting the Charger because I think it's a very nice looking car, but we traded for a weekend while I put his starter / alarm in, and was very dissapointed in the power, nowhere near the punch I have in the Trep, even he commented he liked mine better but it was a pig on gas.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
ABOUT 20MPG here :(

1 - 20 of 84 Posts