DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just wondering what’s everyone’s distance to empty when they fill their tanks on the intrepid? I got the 99 3.2 and almost every time I fill up, it’s at 260ish to empty.

i know it’s an estimate, but everyone that I’ve read gets around 350-400 miles per tank.

·
Premium Member
18,249 Posts
What type of driving: Non-stop highway commute? In town? Mixed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I’m just wondering what’s everyone’s distance to empty when they fill their tanks on the intrepid? I got the 99 3.2 and almost every time I fill up, it’s at 260ish to empty.

i know it’s an estimate, but everyone that I’ve read gets around 350-400 miles per tank.
I dont have a fancy trip computer but I usually get about 250ish miles out of a tank if i drive like an old person.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
Have you manually calculated your actual gas mileage? The OTIS/EVIC MPG function is notoriously inaccurate and varies wildly.

Next time you fill up...note the current odometer mileage and the number of gallons filled. At the next fill up note the current mileage. Subtract the mileage from the last fill up and that'll give you the miles traveled assuming the fuel level gauge is about the same level between fill ups.

My 2000 R/T would easily get over 300 miles per tank ( more like 350) yet my 2002 R/t would barely get 300 miles (more like 275) between tank fills.

Check the actual miles driven between fill ups as outlined above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts