DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw this info posted awhile back, but I'm going to ask again. What size is the gas tank for the 93 Intrepid ES, 3.5L? It seems like my car has been EATING gas a lot lately since the 4th tank I have put in it since I got it. My over head display once read 10.8MPG once in stop and go traffic! EEK!! When I first got the car I noticed that it was telling me 22.5-23mpg. Maybe that display is screwed up. When sun is on it it reads 185 F, starts raining -75 F :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i want to say 16 or 17 gasllons, i know my second gen is 17, i want to say my 97 had 16

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, I'll start doing the math next time I fill up.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
My '96 3.5 ES has an 18 gallon tank, or at least the owner's manual says this. It should be right: I put 16 or 17 gallons in when the fuel gauge read a sixteenth of a tank.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
my 97 is also 18 gallons. i THINK there was an option on base and sport cars to have the "touring" tank that is 18 instead of 16.xx and that the big one was standard on ES.

there was a similar option on the taurus when my mom bought hers in 93 and there was also one on dodge rams when my dad got his (however his was 35gal standard because it's a heavy-duty pkg 2500 - tranny cooler, bigger radiator, oil cooler, etc)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts