DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a problem with corrosive battery terminals. I cleaned them up in a parking lot one evening when it would start. I would get the starter to click, but not turn over. But after cleaning the posts and cable ends, it cranked right over. Obviously the battery was disconnected to do this. That same night I filled up my gas tank. I don't remember how many times the engine cranked over before catching.

But now it seems to be cranking over a lot more than before. Like before it would crank over one or two times and catch. Now it's like 8 times. I'm also smelling a lot of gas in the cabin. Especially at idle when the A/C is on.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks for any advice,
Mike B.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sounds like the O-rings on the fuel injectors might be the culprit.

I also thought there was a recall on those, may be you should see if that has been done, if not I believe it may be a freebee.

·
Registered
537 Posts
ya they were recalled yrs ago, but they will still do it if you have yet to get them replaced. Same kinda thing happened to me, but I had done the o-rings. Mine turned out to be that there was a small crack in my fuel rail. So just check that general area, you can check the rings and rails at the same time. Hope this is some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts