DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
the static thing...but at least she shut it off and pulled it out of the tank...most people would leave it there and run, allowing it to blow up from the fumes

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
yea i saw that episode too, i mean if you take it out the gas stops flowing to the nozzle tip and it doesnt have any gas to get to, so in essence its just that little tip flame.

·
9,861 Posts
Shes a stupid girl.

Yes, you aren't suppose to take out the nossle. Your just igniting gas fumes. You go inside and have the clerk turn off that pump from inside. If you pull out the nossle, it will ignite the gas that is coming out, or the gas in your tank.

But, you are not suppose to go back in to your car after you have started pumping gas. That is why she generated the spark.

They need to make gas nossles have better seals.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Actually, don't most stations have emergency cutoff buttons mounted near the pumps? I know that most of the stations around where I live do.

·
9,861 Posts
If I saw a fire start there, I would not stick around long enough to try to switch something off.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ntrepid95 said:
Actually, don't most stations have emergency cutoff buttons mounted near the pumps? I know that most of the stations around where I live do.
not here in Kansas City... at least I haven't seen any.

·
Registered
709 Posts
all the stations I've seen in slc valley all have the shut off button, and they also all have the "DONOT RE-ENTER YOUR CAR WHILE FULEING" statement........ just like the don't smoke and don't have the car running signs, doesn't mean people actualy READ them...........

just sad n scarry, stupid way to lose a car

-edit- after watchin the vid, she got lucky..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts